Calling Inventory via PHP and these refresh tokens keep expiring?

As a test, I used this and it seemed to work but it seems like these access tokens expire? How do I keep it to refresh and keep the token live? Do I need to even refresh it? I created a token last night and it was expired today. I created another one, pull this call and it returned a response.

<?php

$curl = curl_init();

curl_setopt_array($curl, array(
  CURLOPT_URL => "https://api.lightspeedapp.com/API/Account/{accountID}/Item.json?load_relations=%5B%22ItemShops%22%5D&ItemShops.timeStamp=%3E%2C2017-11-10T12%3A00%3A00Z",
  CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
  CURLOPT_ENCODING => "",
  CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS => 10,
  CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 30,
  CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION => CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1,
  CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST => "GET",
  CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER => array(
    "authorization: Bearer {Access Token}"
  ),
));

$response = curl_exec($curl);
$err = curl_error($curl);

curl_close($curl);

if ($err) {
    echo "cURL Error #:" . $err;
} else {
    echo $response;
}

?>
Super Cat Lightspeed

2 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 164Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hey @thisisbolo, thanks for the question!

You do need to refresh your access tokens. You can do this by sending a POST request to the access token endpoint. The specific headers that need to be included in the request are detailed here:
    https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/retail/authentication/refresh-token/

Since you'll likely want to automate the refreshing of your tokens, you' might want to set a timer that is generated at the same time as you receive your response from to check the expires_in object value in the response body.

Alternatively, you could make a request failure function to send a POST request to the access token endpoint if you receive a response body returning a 401 and access token failure
  • thisisbolothisisbolo Posts: 25Member
    Thank you Adrian. I will give it a shot.
    Super Cat Lightspeed