Omnichannel and Retail deletion of Items and ItemMatrixes

aaronaaron Posts: 44Member
Since communication for eCom goes through (Omnichannel) Retail all api calls are made to Retail.
This works fine for creating and updating Items and ItemMatrixes and such. However, when I delete ('archive') an Item or ItemMatrix on Retail it still appears in eCom, even though the Retail version of which it is based no longer exists.

How do I ensure that when I delete a Retail Item or ItemMatrix, its eCom equivalent also gets removed from the eCom shop?

4 comments

• JoeyJoey Posts: 166Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Just archiving the product will not remove it from eCom, this also happens in the regular web UI. The product needs to be 'unpublished' from eCom by setting the boolean publishToEcom to False. This is done on the Item endpoint.
    Hope this helps!
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • aaronaaron Posts: 44Member
    Good afternoon @Joey,

Thank you for the reply.
    It seems like there is no way to, upon archiving an ItemMatrix, set all Items it holds to publishToEcom to false, am I correct in stating this? 
    That's quite a shame, since having to make an individual call for every item in the matrix is quite some requests.
  • JoeyJoey Posts: 166Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    You are correct and it is unfortunate, but the Matrix Master does not contain the eCom boolean. Individual items are (un)published or archived.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • LeahLeah Posts: 56Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hi @aaron ;
    In order to remove items from eCom as well as Retail, you must set "publishToEcom" to "false" before you archive them. If you want to fix the ones that are already orphaned in eCom, you will have to unarchive the items, unpublish them from eCom and then archive them again. 
    API Support
    Lightspeed HQ