How do I charge shipping based on price ranges
The main idea is to use the weight field of a product in grams as if it was another place to define the item's price.
Set up a shipping method
Log in your eCom back office, go to Settings > Shipping Methods and click on
Give it a title and select the ‘default delivery’ type:
Note: Title will be visible to customers at checkout as a shipping option:
Once you hit Save, the settings for this shipping method are made available
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to the section named Countries and select the country for which this shipping method will apply:
Scroll-up to the section Delivery Costs and click on
Create your first shipping level:
Here we are setting up so that for a $0 to $50 cart subtotal, the shipping cost will be $35.
Create your second shipping level:
Here we are setting it up so that for a $50 to $200 cart subtotal, the shipping cost will be $15
In this example, shipping will be free over $200. Therefore, we create another weight level between 200 and 10 000 grams for $0.
Hit the Save button and the setup of the shipping method is done.
WARNING: We recommend the use of grams as a weight unit in this workaround. We cannot guarantee that it will be fully functional if you use pounds or ounces.
Export your eCom products
Log in your eCom back office, go to Tools > Exports and click on
Choose to export Products and click on Export:
Once the export has finished, you can click on Download to save the csv file on your desktop.
Editing the csv file
Clean-up the file by deleting all the unnecessary columns and keep only the following columns:
Copy the values from the column Price and paste it into the column Weight:
Delete the price column and save your file.
Note: The most recent products uploaded to your eCom will be located at the bottom of your product export!
Import your file
- Log in your eCom back office, go to Tools > Imports and click on
- Click on the Browse Computer button to select and submit your CSV file.
- Once the file is submitted, you will be prompted to select the category of import you want to do. Select to import Products:
- Automatically, the Additional Settings section will be displayed. Set the field Behavior to Only update existing products and the field Find by to Product/Variant ID:
- Check the last section named Set Field Types, make sure that your import file was automatically mapped as seen below:
- Click on the Continue button and then Start the Import:
Order < $50
Order > $50 and < $200
Order > $200