Popular Reports

JLC1990JLC1990 Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 28 moderator
Hey Everyone,

If you are just getting started on reporting, it seems like there is a lot to go through. Here is some information on the more popular reports that you may want to look at first.

The Totals Report: This report will go over your Sales for a selected date range, it can show anything from todays sales, to all sales ever done in store depending on the date range selected. It shows the Subtotal on the sale, taxes and the total, along with your cost, profits and margins. Use the Advanced settings to narrow down your search to a particular customer, register or employee.

The Payments Received Report This report can be found under the Payments section and is called Received. This report will display all of the payments that you have received over the selected date range and breaks it down by the payment type. It is practical to be sure that your money received matches the total amount purchased in that day.

Item Report The Item Report under Grouped Sales Totals will show the combined sales for each of your items, over the selected date range. It will show you the remaining stock, how many were sold along with the subtotals, costs and profits on these items. This report will give you a good overview of what items are selling most so you can measure what is popular and in demand. This would also work for what is not selling, if you click the Sold header to have the arrow pointing down, you will see which items have not sold as much over this date range.

Assets Report On the right side of the list, under Inventory you can find this report. It will show you what you currently have in inventory, as well as the cost, sale price and margin. The margin is calculated by the average cost of the item compared to the sale price of what the item is currently set to sell at. (this does not take price rules into account, those will show up as a discount on the actual sale)Use this to see what your store's current cost value is.

These are some of the more popular reports, but there are many more reports that can get you a vast amount of information on your shop.

Which reports do your prefer?

Do you have any other ones that you use frequently?

What information are you trying to find in the reports?

Let us know here!
Cheers!,

Jordan L-C
Lightspeed Retail Support
Lightspeed HQ

9 comments

• polbogpolbog Member Posts: 3
    How can i get a sales report that includes items with 0 sales? This is the most important item to notice in a sales report as it obviously is needing attention yet is non existent in all sales reports! i have made requets ever since we started using Lightspeed and it has never been fixed as far as i know. Is there a solution to this problem?
  • wocrucwocruc Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2017
    I would love to see an ad-hoc report writer where the user could select which data fields to display. There are a lot of good reports, but, all of them seem to be missing one field that I wish was there and it is a different field missing from each report. If I could select the fields I wanted and export the results to Excel, I would be in heaven. Oh, and the available data fields needs to include the custom fields so that they could actually be useful.
    Post edited by wocruc on
  • JLC1990JLC1990 Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 28 moderator
    @polbog Thank you for the reply. At this time we do not have those items included in the sales reports as they have not been sold. One potential work around would be to run the history report over a time period, and you would be able to see the full item history including the ones that have not sold over the time period. By using the headers on the report you can order it from lowest to highest to see the ones that havent sold on top. Having said that, we do have Lightspeed Analytics which would allow you to customize your reports and get the information you are looking for. There is one prepared report called Dusty Inventory that would show you the inventory that has not been selling over a period of time. If you are looking for more reporting and more flexibility, I would encourage you to look into this further.

@wocruc Some of this information may apply to you as well. Although the Lightspeed Retail reports lack certain options you are looking for, you may be able to find them in Lightspeed Analytics. Many of the reports allow you to add and remove filters and adjust them to get the information you are looking for. It is a great tool to optimize your stores efficiency, and it can be Exported to Excel.

If you would like to see a demo or get more information, here is the link: https://www.lightspeedhq.com/pos/retail/analytics/
    Cheers!,

Jordan L-C
    Lightspeed Retail Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • MollyMolly Member Posts: 1
    We set up stores in multiple locations across the country. Currently we are using registers to keep reporting separate because we have not physically split our invoice. Is there anyway to report on multiple registers at one time?
  • LSTomerLSTomer Lightspeed Staff Posts: 5 Lightspeed
    edited November 2017
    Hi Molly, using the "register" filter in the reporting you are able to report on 1 register or on all of them. Our new reporting engine "Lightspeed Analytics" would allow you to filter any report by multiple registers.

This is what it looks like in Retail:

Here is what it would look like in Analytics:

Post edited by LSTomer on
  • MAC4WDMAC4WD Member Posts: 2
    I need to find a report for outstanding credit accounts and overdue credit accounts. It is extremely important for my business as we rely on out customer credit accounts, but no one can seen to tell me if this is possible?
  • stephenandpenelopestephenandpenelope Member Posts: 3
    I would like to see a report for sell-through of items.  It is less helpful to know that I sold 10 green widgets last year than to know I sold them all in one week.  Is there any way to monitor speed of turnover or sell-out?
  • Deb MayfieldDeb Mayfield Member Posts: 1

I would love to see a report that shows which items have images and which do not.

I would also love to see the actual http: address of the image in an export so the reports can be easier to find issues.

• onlinepenguinonlinepenguin Member Posts: 20

when we create an item without a picture we give it a tag NP (no picture) and put NP in the description. That way when we check it in we try to find a picture on the web or take a cell picture and add it then and then remove NP from description and tag. if you want a hi res picture for ecommerce you could leave NP as a tag and later run a report for those items.