Can't Edit Content Templates

Bling_CreationsBling_Creations Member Posts: 3
Hi,

Every time I edit the content ie. add variables to the code etc., it does not save or implement the changes.

The preview of the templates still shows the Lightspeed default template contents.

Kindly assist or advise as to what can be done.

7 comments

• michaelsteelemichaelsteele Member Posts: 42
    What files are you having trouble with?
  • Bling_CreationsBling_Creations Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

These files under Design>>Content Templates

• Email Template
    • Invoice Template
    • Shipment Template
    • Offer Template

Please help.

Hmmm. Is this the case for all of the templates or just one in particular? Are the changes you're making perhaps inside of a conditional that is false (ex: {% if ___ %}).

It may be worth reverting back to the default templates and make small, obvious changes one at a time to make sure it's not a problem with the code itself. That would point to an issue with eCom that their support staff would need to look at.
  • JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 193 moderator
    Have you also tested by sending the actual emails? The previews do not have all the content to trigger variables, actually downloading a PDF invoice should give you a better idea.
    If its still not working you can either paste the code here or contact support.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • Bling_CreationsBling_Creations Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I have tried this with no luck :(

I need to get my site live but need my templates to be 100% first.

Please help.
    If you haven't already, it would be good to contact eCom support.

https://ecom-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hope you get it resolved. That's a bummer to have something like that hold up your launch.
  • JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 193 moderator
    Without any examples of code or changes you have made it will be impossible to help you in the community. Either post more detailed information of what you are trying or contact support.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ