call API many times but eventually run into error, PHP

levittlevitt Member Posts: 13
Hi, 

I have trouble on multiple calls on api, due to my company policy I can only show my problem as following example 

I have an array contains all my products, which is around 500

then for each of item in this array 

execute: $product=$api->products->get($the_product_id);

the type of $the_product_id is integer, 

when I run the PHP application, first time only shows part of result, after I refresh the page, the application crashed. 

I assume this have something to do with api calls time out, but I am not sure. 

Please help me with some idea that allows me call api functions hundreds times, 

Thank you very much!

4 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator
    @levitt it sounds like there is a problem with your application. The Item endpoint is faithfully returning you an array of results but you’re not able to execute a function to filter through it effectively as your app crashes, am I right?

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• levittlevitt Member Posts: 13
    @levitt it sounds like there is a problem with your application. The Item endpoint is faithfully returning you an array of results but you’re not able to execute a function to filter through it effectively as your app crashes, am I right?
    hi, yes. 
    the functions I made can execute without error, and there is a loop inside of function, once I add this line in the loop " $product=$api->products->get($the_product_id);", (the loop is normally 500 times in my project.) the function is not working anymore, and the only error message I have is 500... 

so I am struggling to find out what's is the reason of this error 
  • Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator
    @levitt, along with the error, you should have received some information in the response body. Could you tell me what that is please

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ