Partial or Deposit payment

islandmixislandmix Posts: 1Member
My current niche market requires that customer has option to pay a DEPOSIT and subsequent payments until item is paid in full by a certain deadline. Does this system have this option. Or even just allow for an initial payment and then allow user to log back in and complete payment at later date?

I guess this would be similar to a layaway concept which is mentioned on the site but no details of the concept is provided.

1 comment

• JoeyJoey Posts: 142Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    There is no built-in feature that allows for deposits or partial payments. The order always needs to be paid in full.
    There is a workaround where you change the online price to the deposit amount. It would be a matter of changing the product description and template to convey to the shopper that they are paying the deposit and that the remaining amount will be charged at a later date.
    The remaining amount will need to be charged using a new invoice, which can be created from the eCom back office, using Quotes. You can also charge the remaining from the Retail POS if needed.
    Lay-a-ways can only be created within Retail and are not part of eCom.
    Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ