How to load images (backgrounds etc.) in stylesheet?

Hello :)
I'm new to designing Lightspeed an how things are handled, but I find my way. There's only an important question I don't have an answer for. For example I'd like to change the label background (Sale, New etc.) with an image, but don't know how to achieve this, because it looks like the system isn't accepting external links. Is there a way to upload it somewhere so that images can be used?

Thank you very much in advance!

4 comments

• michaelsteelemichaelsteele Posts: 42Member
    edited November 2018
    Hey Hielke, best way to do this is to upload the image file to the theme assets folder (Design > Theme Editor > Assets (on left side where files are listed). Then in your CSS, use something like this:

background-image: url(your-file.png);
  • JoeyJoey Posts: 163Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    @Hielke Brandsma You can also upload the image to: Tools -> Files, in case you don't have the Theme Editor enabled.
    Then add the CSS Michael mentioned, plus selector, to the Custom CSS (in Design -> Theme Settings), also without enabling the theme editor.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • Hielke BrandsmaHielke Brandsma Posts: 12Member

I followed Michaels suggestion and it works like a charm! I just overlooked something small though :wink: all uploaded image filenames are being decapitalized so it took me a little time to figure that out ;) But it works! Thanks guys!

• michaelsteelemichaelsteele Posts: 42Member
    glad to hear :)