SEO question about Page Title Tags

We are setting up a new eCom site.  In Lightspeed Retail, we enter new products without the brand name, because eCom appends the brand name with the product name nicely on the products page.  My question is...is this bad for SEO because the Title Tag that Lightspeed generates comes from just the product name - without the brand name attached.  So for example of the brand is "Nike" and the product is "Air Vapor Sport"...the generated Title Tag would be STOREURL.Air-Vapor-Sport, instead of STOREURL.Nike-Air-Vapor-Sport

Any advice on how to proceed best way??

Answers

• michaelsteelemichaelsteele Posts: 42Member
    If there's not a core setting that will do this, you can always export your  products to csv, and in the spreadsheet, copy the Title_Long column and paste in the Meta_Title column. Then import it back in.

If you haven't used the import/export tool, you will want to get familiar with how to bulk change only certain data: https://ecom-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/220320628-Editing-products-through-import
  • GWAGWA Posts: 13Member
    Michael, this is a good thought, but in my spreadsheet data, the Title_Long still does not have the brand name attached.  On my ecom store, the items are being rendered with the brand name and the item description together, but I think it's possible that the Theme is simply appending the title onto the description.  

• JoeyJoey Posts: 166Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    The Meta Title should automatically have the Brand prepended. If this is not the case, can you share a link to the product?
    We do not recommend adding the Brand to the title fields, as this can be done by the platform if needed.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
    I am "only" concerned with SEO, not how my title is showing up on my website.  I DO want the Brand and the item Title to be part of the Meta Title.  What I have done for now is create a formula in my spreadsheet to concatenate the brand with the item title to make a complete Meta Title which includes the brand.
  • michaelsteelemichaelsteele Posts: 42Member
    I'll let Joey confirm this is the proper way, but you could use a formula on the meta title column that combines the brand and title columns

Formula is =A2&" "&B2&"

• JoeyJoey Posts: 166Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Sorry, I was incorrect and must have confused the working of the Meta Title. The Brand is indeed not appended.
    So yes, adding it using the import is the quickest way and looks like Michael has a great formula to help you out!
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
    Yes this is what I have done so far and it looks like my best option.  I appreciate it fellas...good solution.
    SEO and Page URL.  Another problem with the (Item Brand) having to exist separate from the (Item Name) is the Page URL.  Lightspeed takes the Title of the item (which is without the brand) and used that for the page URL.  The Page URL has dashes in it.  What is the best way to add the (brand) of the item to the (item title) and have all that in the page url with the dashes in it?
  • GeoffreyHawkGeoffreyHawk Posts: 1Member

What about single product adds? Forget the spreadsheet. If I add a single product, and I leave the BRAND name off, what shape am I in? Is my product URL and Title Tag optimal for SEO?