Server Errors - Front End - Incident not resolved !

AbbasAbbas Member Posts: 44
edited November 2018 in General
7 Days ago we started getting front end server errors. This is effecting our main website, Google ads / Merchant account and our customers are abandoning they're carts. We will still be paying google for the clicks and Lightspeed for this faulty service your delivering and all our customers will be getting is a generic Unable to reach the website server error within the browser.

This issue (Ticket #686970_) is one of 4 we currently have open with you and nothing has changed to fix any of the problems.
Lightspeed what do you regard as an accepteble level of site wide front and backend errors? Contractually you are required to identify what is an acceptable level of errors- So please what is it?
We are in a situation now where our tickets have a ticket!

You system Status indicates a reality to the contrary, and this is very frustrating as it reduces integrity and trust in your overall system.

I find it so very difficult to accept that adding servers to cope with seasonal loads now is the right thing to do as a server provider. You should be set up to handle the traffic before it comes.

We are not happy at all to be paying any sevice fees this month as we feel you have contractually failed to deliver the services we pay you for.

Incident not resolved !

Just incase your engineers have a moment to spare during the seemingly never ending task of keeping the ecom platform running here are instructions on how to resolve the internal 500 errors we reported several days ago now.

Fixing 500 Internal Server Error

500 errors are server-side errors, meaning it's likely your problem to fix if it's your website.

There are lots of reasons why your site might be serving a 500 Error to your users, but these are the most common:

• A Permissions Error. In most cases, a 500 Internal Server Error is due to an incorrect permission on one or more files or folders. In most of those cases, an incorrect permission on a PHP and CGI script is to blame. These should usually be set at 0755 (-rwxr-xr-x).
  • A PHP Timeout. If your script connects to external resources and those resources timeout, an HTTP 500 error can occur. Timeout rules, or better error handling in your script, should help if this is the cause of the 500 error.
  • A Coding Error in .htaccess. While not as common, be sure to check that your site's .htaccess file is properly structured.

Post edited by Abbas on

3 comments

• michaelsteelemichaelsteele Member Posts: 42
    That's no good! For issues like this, you'll probably be able to get it resolved quicker if you contact eCom support.

https://ecom-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hope it is resolved quickly.
  • AbbasAbbas Member Posts: 44
    Thankyou but I contacted them 7 days ago and not heard anything useful back just -

I'm advised by escalation that the random 'internal server errors' is now considered a known issue and our development team is currently working on a solution. I will keep this ticket on hold, once we have a resolution you will be notified.

This is a major issue!

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 193 moderator
    We implemented a fix in regards to the issue with the intermittent Internal Server Errors. We are monitoring the effects to make sure it's truly resolved.
    Please let me know if there are any more occurences and my appologies for the inconvenience.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ