Ideas on how to send a post-purchase NPS/Review survey from Retail POS?

rishirishi Member Posts: 26
Previously, before transitioning over to Lightspeed Retail POS, I was manually entering our orders in a CRM called Streak for Gmail. That allowed me to connect Streak via Zapier to a SaaS called Delighted which would send out these post-purchase NPS surveys to our customers asking for feedback on how we did with them. Now that I'm on lightspeed, was wondering if anyone had ideas on how we could continue to survey our customers on their experience with us post-purchase, of course in an automated way. This has benefits of being able to capture customer dissatisfaction post-purchase and proactively reach out to remedy the situation before they share their negative experience publicly. Thoughts?

3 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator
    Great question @rishi! I did a bit of digging and it looks like Zapier also has an integration with Mailchimp.

The good news with this is that Lightspeed has a native integration with Mailchimp which syncs over new customers into your mailchimp account. If you use this Mailchimp to Streak integration with Zapier (https://zapier.com/apps/mailchimp/integrations/streak) then you can bridge the gap.

The steps will be as follows:

1) You enter customer details in after a sale
    2) Customer details sync into Mailchimp periodically
    3) Mailchimp syncs to Streak via Zapier 
    4) Streak connects to Delighted and then sends out the post-sale NPS email

This may be an oversimplification since I'm not familiar with the specs of the Zapier integrations but it's worth an exploration.

You can find out more about Lightspeed's Mailchimp integration and how to set it up here: https://retail-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/229129088-Adding-MailChimp-integration

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• rishirishi Member Posts: 26
    @Adrian Samuel  thanks for the reply. This workflow could definitely work. However, ideally if I did not have to use Streak to make it work that would be better since we're now only using Lightspeed. Is there any integrations you can think of that could make this work or can Delighted tap into Lightspeed's API directly?

Also was wondering what the difference was between Lightspeed's Mailchimp integration and using MailSync?
  • Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator
    Hey @rishi, definitely, the limitations aren't the API, but the fact that to my knowledge, there isn't an existing integration with Delighted so you would have to build something.

You either need to program that into existence yourself or you would need to hire someone to do that. We do have partner developers who could assist you in this endeavour if you so desired.

I don't know a whole lot about MailSync but from a look at their page it looks like they act as the middle man between Lightspeed and platforms like Mailchimp, offering more diversity and options to connect your Lightspeed data to different platforms

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ