Personal Purchases and inventory management?

Any advice on how to properly manage personal purchases? For example, if I'm buying things for myself from my store, how do "purchase" those products without actually paying but still keeping inventory accurate? I've tried creating vendor returns but that complicates my bookeeping, and I don't think it's a good idea to keep manually adjusting inventory... any advice on this?

Answers

• havenhaven Posts: 3Member
    Hi Kaila,

Not sure if this will help but we set up a "Family Discount" at 25% and we just apply it for each item we sell. I wonder if it would work if you set it up as "Owner Discount" at 100%?

Let me know.
    Cathie
  • StacimStacim Posts: 2Member
    We have a payment type for owner purchase. That way it is traceable for the accountant at the end of the year and takes care of the inventory issue. 
  • blissboulderblissboulder Posts: 3Member
    We made a customer account for our expenditures and set it at a high credit limit. When something is broken or personally purchase, the item can be rung up as normal and credited to the account. LS will then remove the inventory and the purchase is tracked through the store 'customer account'

Michelle