Image size limitation (especially for categories) is simply too low

VIEWSIONVIEWSION Posts: 7Member
Hi,

I use category images a lot within custom templates. But for some reason the size is limited to 1024px max. Sorry but in times of high dpi displays (retina) this is just not adequate anymore. Especially if you want to use the images in full page width. I am not sure about product and all other image limitations, but the images used for the slider (start/index template) may be bigger.

1 comment

• JoeyJoey Posts: 177Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    All images added to the backoffice (Products, Categories, Brands, etc. are scaled to this predefined size. However, the images uploaded to Tools -> Files keep their large size. These images can be used in content areas and some themes use it for larger, full-width banners.
    You are right that the current sizing is not adequate in this day and age. For the past year we have been working on implementing a new CDN to handle more and larger images. We will continue working on expanding the CDN in the new year to allow for higher quality images. Implementing these large improvements take a lot of time and, unfortunately, I do not have a date on when this will ready.

I hope this clarifies the situation :smiley:
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ