Retail API Java library

mattangermattanger Posts: 27Member ✭
I'm not sure who all watches this forum, but I figured I throw something out there to see if there is any interest. I've got a couple projects going on that aren't web apps and need to be run on some (anyone's) PCs. I'm developing these applications in Java currently, and I'm slowly building a library for accessing the Retail api (including handling authorization and token refreshes). Just wondering if anyone is interested in it if I open source it.

8 comments

• jamesratcliffejamesratcliffe Posts: 160Administrator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    I've spoken to several developers that are using Java with the Retail API, so I think there would be some interest.
    James Ratcliffe
    Lightspeed HQ
  • mattangermattanger Posts: 27Member ✭
    I figured there had to be others doing so. I do have one request that may or may not be possible. Are there any publicly defined schema's for the xml/json returned by the API endpoints? I would love for my life to be easy and let some tool generate some code for me. Unfortunately, the documentation examples don't quite cut it for that...
    For what it's worth I found an ok solution. https://github.com/joelittlejohn/jsonschema2pojo works well enough, but it would still be super nice to get a document that describes the data types of the json or xml properties!
  • jamesratcliffejamesratcliffe Posts: 160Administrator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    That looks like a great tool.

We don't have schemas available, but I think it would be a good idea.
    James Ratcliffe
    Lightspeed HQ
  • Knight0fNeverKnight0fNever Posts: 1Member
    I would definitely be interested in the Java libraries. Thanks!
    Feel free to direct message me about what I've done. What I built doesn't cover everything, but it might be useful.
  • portillahgportillahg Posts: 1Member
    I'm new to this group and product, but I am definitely interested in Java "support/library".
  • yvigeantyvigeant Posts: 30Member ✭
    We'd definitely be interested in testing it out and contribute to it.