Why are 80% of the apps not compatible with Omnichannel ?

yvigeantyvigeant Member Posts: 30 ✭
edited January 13 in Apps & Integrations
While browsing the apps, I found that a good 80% of the apps are not compatible with Omnichannel. Even new apps are not compatible.

Is there a plan to make apps usable by Omnichannel users ?
Post edited by yvigeant on

7 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 569 moderator
    @yvigeant it's because of how the apps are built. 

Most of the apps are built to make changes to certain specific products data in eCom. With our omni-channel solution Retail becomes the source of data-truth and so you can't update certain core product elements in eCom from that point, but you will be able to do some of them in Retail.

These apps you speak of have been built by the developers only with eCom in mind. Your best bet would be to email the developers who made the app and ask them to make them omni-channel compatible 

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

• yvigeantyvigeant Member Posts: 30 ✭

Most of the apps are built to make changes to certain specific products data in eCom. With our omni-channel solution Retail becomes the source of data-truth and so you can't update certain core product elements in eCom from that point, but you will be able to do some of them in Retail.

These apps you speak of have been built by the developers only with eCom in mind. Your best bet would be to email the developers who made the app and ask them to make them omni-channel compatible 

yvigeant said:

Thanks for the response. 

However I don't see how it would be my responsibility to email all the devs and ask them to support your platforms better  Sounds like something that Lightspeed should do if they care at all about the omni channel experience.
  • Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 569 moderator
    Hey @yvigeant, that's completely understandable.

I actually have some good news :) I have received word that there is presently an ongoing internal project where in order to optimise the omni-channel app offering.
    So please do expect changes in that arena!

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

Hey @yvigeant, that's completely understandable.

I actually have some good news :) I have received word that there is presently an ongoing internal project where in order to optimise the omni-channel app offering.
    So please do expect changes in that arena!

Thank you for the follow up, that's great news!
  • vyperr3vyperr3 Member Posts: 5

Probably will all be available for a subscription of $159/mo each in the year 2049. @yvigeant

• vyperr3vyperr3 Member Posts: 5