LightSpeed Retail Display custom-field value on receipt

I see where I can create a custom field which is rather easy.  I also see where I can adjust my templates.  However, I would like to edit my print-template and include a reference to my custom field whether it is that of the customer or of the item.  How do I refer to a custom field in the print template?
Solution Provider

Answers

• gregaricangregarican Posts: 269Member 
    I know that you can get at the custom fields and their values using the LS Retail API. Not sure about the print templates, though. If I were to bet on it, I'd suspect that custom fields aren't exposed to the print templates and their available variables. I could be wrong, so I'll keep an eye out as to what the LS Retail support folks come back with :smiley:
  • MrPresidentMrPresident Posts: 3Member
    Thanks Gregarican, I appreciate it.  I am beginning to think that as well but would love it if they were in fact exposed; looking forward to more comments, hopefully someone knows for sure.
    Solution Provider
  • Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 472Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    @MrPresident, by design custom fields aren't available via the Sale Template. However you can make your own API requests within the template and add them dynamically there. This would have to be done with Javascript

Custom Fields are available as a relation of the Item endpoint. The Sale Template (if requested) returns the itemID's of all the items on the sale...so you should get a gist of what steps you'll need to take

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ