Integration via API with Lightspeed possible?

HansWRHansWR Posts: 4Member
edited February 12 in Development
Our clients, restaurant owners, question us about the possibilities of an integration between WeReserve, our restaurant reservation systeem, and the Lightspeed
cash register system. 
We already have (API) integrations with other network partners where all three of us benefit by the mutual client base.
Two good reasons for us the contact you and to get information about the possibilities of an integration.

Can you inform me about my request of an API integration between our systems? 
And more specific what your protocol is and within what time schedule is can be realised?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Best Regards,

Hans Slaats
Onedott

www.onedott.nl
Post edited by Michael Carey on

Answers

• MrPresidentMrPresident Posts: 3Member
    I would imagine a LightSpeed API developer may be able to assist you with this, who also has access to the API for WeReserve.
    Solution Provider
  • HansWRHansWR Posts: 4Member
    Thnx for the reply.
    How can I contact him or her?
    Can you provide me with the contact data?
  • gregaricangregarican Posts: 242Member 
    One third party API integration provider we worked with when first launching LS Retail is Hyperspace (https://hyperspacehq.com/). These guys have an array of API web service providers they are plugged into. And can provide custom development if they don't already have an interface built for WeReserve. I would recommend reaching out to them. To see if they are able to link things up for you.

Hope this helps!

Thnx for the reply

? You've already an integration with Resengo and with Bon Chef. We have an integration with Announce and other platforms. So there's enough knowledge and practical experience to fix this. We do custom development 'inhouse'. Can we use one of the existing API protocols to customize it for WeReserve?
    BTW: Hyperspace hasn't build an API for WeReserve. 

edited January 30
    Just because Hyperspace hasn't yet built an integration with WeReserve doesn't mean that can't build one. We had them prepare a quote for integrating LS Retail and Microsoft Dynamics GP. And they hadn't built anything for GP either.

If you do custom development in-house then you can see if there is a publicly acccessible WeReserve API. If there is and if LS Restaurant also has one, then you can build the integration yourself. If that's out of scope with your internal resources I would still recommend having Hyperspace take a look at it and prepare a quote!
    Thnx Gregarican. 
    WeReserve has a publicly accessible API. We are able to build the integration ourself. Can you inform me if LS Restaurant has a publicly accessible API too? Or can you point me in the direction to find out?
    Googling around this is primarily what I ran across --> https://aapi.io/api-directory/Lightspeed_Restaurant_LightspeedRestaurantRESTAPI_1.0/. Although on these forums I don't see much activity to do with it. Hope this helps!
  • Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 422Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hey @HansWR, our the Restaurant API is not public in that you'll need to become a Lightspeed Partner to develop on our API platform. You can find out more about this here: 
    https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/resto-api/introduction/introduction/