Web Hooks

messhiasmesshias Posts: 35Member
edited February 14 in Development

Hello,

We are using lightspeed as third-party api to integrate the point-of-sale solution into our customers, however, as has already been reported in a previous topic of mine (this: https://community.lightspeedhq.com/en/discussion/comment/ 6497 # Comment_6497) some functions are not possible to be used by the API only by lightspeed dashboard itself.

Our current question is whether for every action on the dashboard (or any if available) is there any kind of web hook or if we can configure some? Because as we are in communication with you some things need to be updated in our database and others even included.

Thank you for your support.

11 comments

• messhiasmesshias Posts: 35Member

Ok, thanks for your answer.

• fanaticfanatic Posts: 2Member

Adding webhooks to LS retail SPI would be a very appreciated feature. Developers need to connect LS with their own projects or third party market places.

We are currently having problems syncing our products from LS and webhooks will be a great solution. I consider that in 2019 is quite old fashioned that Lightspeed Retail API lacks webhooks

• drudru Posts: 3Member

+1 for webhooks

• StevenSDStevenSD Posts: 3Member

+1 for webhooks and more integrations.

• mikesitmikesit Posts: 18Member

+1 for webhooks

• bishbish Posts: 1Member

+1 for WebHooks.

• gregaricangregarican Posts: 245Member 

This addition would literally be a gamechanger. Due to a fair amount of out-of-the-box gaps, we have to regularly poll Lightspeed Retail via the API. Having event driven webhooks would eliminate almost all of those routines.

Most current cloud-based systems have webhooks available based on my experiences. This solution should provide the same, although I'm unsure if this has been placed onto any roadmap...

• jeremiahxyjeremiahxy Posts: 3Member

I know I'm late to this discussion, but doesn't this article from 2017 imply that LightSpeed does have webhooks ... https://www.lightspeedhq.com/blog/dealing-with-millions-of-webhooks-and-surviving-black-friday/

Here is the documentation ... https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/ecom/tutorials/webhooks/.

Were you guys aware of this and it's not working or something?

Why would Tim from LightSpeed say that there aren't webhooks?

I'm just about to start a development using webhooks and I'm getting nervous that I'm going to run into issues. If someone can get me an update that would be great.

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 425Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator

We are making a number of progressive changes in our infrastructure, in order to provide the best experience possible for our API consumers thus the conversation around webhooks is being had; please note your interest has been noted and it is something that we are also pushing for internally :)

@jeremiahxy thank you for sharing this! Webhooks are available on our eCom Product API but not for our Retail product API.

• jeremiahxyjeremiahxy Posts: 3Member

Great. Thanks for this clarification.

I was going to remove my comment, but realize that someone else may make the same mistake I did, so I'll leave it up.