Automatize customers' registration process

MattcrrMattcrr Member Posts: 2
edited March 2019 in Development

Hi there!

Is there a way known to automatize the customer registration process merging data from a simple html customer self registration form created by us, with the lightspeed retail customer database? Thanks very much

6 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator

@Mattcrr, where is the HTML form hosted? And are you familiar with working with APIs?

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• MattcrrMattcrr Member Posts: 2

Hi Adrian, Thank you for your inquiry. The html is hosted in a VPS server. I've done some stuff with the Twitter & Facebook APIs, working with their protocols & tools to extract & analyze information. My knowledge is not very deep, I am doing my research at the moment, however I have some time constrains, trying to go through the lightspeed technical documentation.

My goal is to figure out, How to speed up the customers registration process while they are in the store. I created a html form and at the moment the results have to be manually transfer to the lightspeed environment during off times, I want to make possible that they can fill up the registration form before they get to the register and the information will be available on lightspeed by the time of check-out.

Do you have any recommendations? Appreciate it.

• J_M_F_SJ_M_F_S Member Posts: 3

@Mattcrr

Have you received any response from support regarding this request?

-OR-

Have you figured out and resolved this issue yourself?

I was actually working on a similar project for a past client that allowed the customer (or end user) to register and create an account through the website that enabled them to sign up for newsletters and enabled the client to capture the customer's data that would be used to update the customer's profile within LS POS...

I accepted another opportunity, so the project was placed "On Hold" but the functionality and ability is there.

• J_M_F_SJ_M_F_S Member Posts: 3

Additionally, the focus of the project was based primarily on ease of checkout and aimed towards utilizing LS's customer rewards feature/program...

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator

@Mattcrr, you'd essentially need have a web form that sends data to your server, your server will then make the API requests to Lightspeed's API to add the customer information into your shop and then it will be available for you to use.

Do you have some particular issues with the API that you need some guidance on?

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• mattangermattanger Member Posts: 64 ✭

Hi, @Mattcrr I do custom Lightspeed integrations, and I have a tool that I'd built previously that could easily be adapted to do what you're describing. If you're interest please send me a message!