Is there a plan to add a proper Trade In function?

MillRiverMusicMillRiverMusic Member Posts: 2

We take in used items as trade in and want to accept trade ins in a more proper way.

We can take in a refund of the product, or we can make trade in a payment method, or, as we do, we can have a Trade In product that we assign a negative amount to at time of sale, but these are all workarounds each with their own inherent issues in accounting and reporting.

I was told that there was a system being built to better handle this, is this true?

Is there a discussion thread for it in which feedback is being solicited? I have not seen one.

Thanks.

4 comments

• DrGasDrGas Member Posts: 7

Totally a necro here, but I'm looking at this as well.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @MillRiverMusic ,

Thank you for your feedback! I'll provide this in the list of requested upgrades for Lightspeed moving forward.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• DrGasDrGas Member Posts: 7

From browsing the threads around here, it's been a "requested upgrade" for several years. Somehow, I don't think I'll get my hopes up.

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 796 moderator

Hey @DrGas ,

Thanks for your opinion! It's always appreciated to see our customers so invested.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)