Automatically Charge Tips/Gratuity on Bill

FernandoFernando Posts: 8Member

Is there a way to automatically include a tip percentage charge/service charge for every bill without manually adding it? This tip percentage also needs to be tied to the waiter responsible for that specific table so when the shift ends we can pay out the tips accordingly when we print out the report.

Thanks!

5 comments

• CatherineCatherine Posts: 19Member, Lightspeed Staff Lightspeed

Hi Fernando,

Yes it is absolutely possible to create automatic service charges in the system. Here is a detailed article which instructions on how to create automatic service charges.

These service charges are properly being reported on the User's reports. If you have further questions on this I invite you to call our 24/7 phone support line or send us an email at [email protected]

Warm regards,

Catherine Desgroseilliers

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599

• FernandoFernando Posts: 8Member

Thank you Catherine.

When creating the service charge, how will it appear on the receipt? For example, my receipt shows the subtotal, then it has a line underneath showing taxes charged, and finally the grand Total of the bill. I would like the subtotal to NOT include the service charge, but rather have a line underneath the subtotal showing the service charge, and finally the grand total to show the subtotal plus service charge. I made a quick example below to illustrate my point:

# item Price

soft drink 3

burger 7

-------------------------------------------

Subtotal 10

Service charge 10% 1

TOTAL $11

Hi Fernando,

I recreated the scenario on my test account and attached the receipt to this post. It is indeed displayed like you want on the customer's receipt. The service charge is the ''Gratuity'' in my example.

If you have further questions on this, I invite you to call our 24/7 phone support line or send us an email at res[email protected]

Warm regards,

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center

• FernandoFernando Posts: 8Member

Thank you Catherine! I really appreciate your support! I was able to print out receipts like in your example. But is there a way to disable the automatic inclusion of service charge on takeout orders though?

My pleasure Fernando.

The automatic service charge types go by table type. So it depends on the type of table you created in your floorplan. For example, for your regular ''restaurant type'' tables, you will create a service charge type ''Restaurant Percentage Automatic'' for a service charge to apply automatically to the orders made on your restaurant type tables.

This service charge only applies to restaurant type tables, so if you create tables that are type ''takeaway'', the service charge will not apply to the orders made on that table.

If you have further questions on this, I invite you to call our 24/7 phone support line or send us an email at [email protected]

Warm regards,

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center