Printer Models and Maximum number of printers

FernandoFernando Posts: 8Member

I am new to Lightspeed and have gone through some of the Self-help center pages but I am still not certain about a few things:

I am looking to set up 3 thermal printers to connect to lightspeed restaurant. I have an EPSON TM-T88VI Model M338A, which I can see is compatible from the hardware compatibility list. My friend told me that an EPSON TM-T20II Model M267E printer would also work. Can you help me confirm this?

Also, I would like to have 3 printers set up: 1 in the cash register, 1 in the kitchen, and 1 in the bar. When an order is sent, I would like the kitchen to get the food order printed and the bar to have drinks printed. How would this set up work? would I need 3 ethernet cables for each printer to be connected to... the liteserver module? or the wifi router?

And what is the maximum number of printers that I could connect? There wouldn't be any additional fees in a plan to set this up myself right?

Thank you for your support!

Fernando

5 comments

• CatherineCatherine Posts: 17Member, Lightspeed Staff Lightspeed

Hi Fernando,

I confirm that both EPSON TM-T88VI and EPSON TM-T20II are compatible with Lightspeed Restaurant POS. If you need to purchase a kitchen printer my suggestion would be the STAR SP700.

You can connect as many printers to your system as you wish, or as your network supports. The more printers and devices you connect to your network, the slower every devices will perform.

You connect your printers to your router directly, or through a network switch. The Liteserver needs to be directly connected to the router. Once they are plugged, here are the instructions to create your printers in the Restaurant manager and how to create printer templates and link your printers to them;

If you have further questions on this, I invite you to call our 24/7 phone support line or send us an email at [email protected]

Warm regards,

Catherine Desgroseilliers

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599

• FernandoFernando Posts: 8Member

Thank you Catherine. Is there a specific reason why you suggest the STAR SP700 for the Kitchen/bar printing? (is it because of cost? functionality?) I would like to simplify the process and to keep all the printing paper types the same of course so that is why I thought to get the same printers.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I usually suggest STAR Micronics printers because from personal experience they are easier to configure and troubleshoot, but you are totally free to get any compatible printer you wish for your business.

If you have further questions on this, I invite you to call our 24/7 phone support line or send us an email at [email protected]

Warm regards,

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center

• FernandoFernando Posts: 8Member

Thank you Catherine.

I went ahead and installed an EPSON TM-T20II for my "Bar" and I followed the instructions to get the correct IP address for the printer. The printer is connected via ethernet cable.

I have also created a receipt template for this specific "Bar" and selected the drinks that I would like it to print from.

The problem now is that when I try to send a test order of soft drinks to be printed, the Lightspeed POS is giving me an error saying "Timed out trying to connect to the printer "Bar". Was printing "Bar ticket for table X, receipt XXXX to printer Bar".

I plan to use the Bar printer to only print drink orders without needing a computer and display screen. Is it possible to set this up without a computer and display screen?

Thank you.

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

If you have any issues or questions, please call in our phone support line directly at  866-932-1801 for immediate assistance or send us an email at [email protected] and an agent will answer your email within 24 business hours.

The purpose of the Community forum is really more for entrepreneurs to connect with each other, discuss business trends, trade industry practices, etc. We want to avoid cluttering the forum with case specific issues and questions.

Warm regards,

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center