Shipping Options

agscanadaagscanada Posts: 31Member ✭
I believe there was some talk of integrating ShipStation into eCom. Hopefully this is progressing well.
There needs to be the option of adding markup to shipping or insurance for higher priced items. We are presently losing on every order being shipped because rates are not correct.

11 comments

• Gabriel GivensGabriel Givens Posts: 19Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hello Agscanada,

Currently this integration is in development. They have just completed their closed beta and are now beginning work based on the feedback they have received from that test. Currently they are not accepting requests for beta testers, however, as soon as this latest round of development is finished, we will move the integration to open beta allowing you to participate if you desire to do so.

We will send out an email to all eCom customers when this integration is available for open beta, which then, you may elect to participate if you wish.

Have a wonderful day!
    Gabriel Givens
    Senior Frontline Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • agscanadaagscanada Posts: 31Member ✭
    Thank you for the updated info!
  • Gabriel GivensGabriel Givens Posts: 19Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    You're very welcome, Agscanada! Let us know if you have any other questions!
    Gabriel Givens
    Senior Frontline Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • yvigeantyvigeant Posts: 30Member ✭
    Hi,

What about "There needs to be the option of adding markup to shipping or insurance for higher priced items." ?

This would be more than nice to have!
  • SubspaceBoiseSubspaceBoise Posts: 11Member
    Yeah, we're using EasyPost integration to simply lookup rates for international shipping (we do flat rates for domestic). There is no option to add insurance cost with this integration. We use ShippingEasy for our actually labels and love it. It sure would be wonderful to see eCom<->ShippingEasy integration too. They currently have integration with these eCommerce system, but sadly no Lightspeed eCom: https://shippingeasy.com/integrationpartners/. But we will take a look at ShipStation when this integration comes out and see if it meets are needs well enough to switch.
  • agscanadaagscanada Posts: 31Member ✭
    ShipStation seems to be working well ..... although our UPS negotiated rates are not being applied correctly. For example a customer will be charged the full amount when the actual shipping price is half that.

We also only use ShipStation for gathering the rates for the orders.
    We still manually ship the orders through UPS or CanadaPost.
  • JoeyJoey Posts: 186Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    @agscanada the shipping rates within eCom are pulled straight from ShipStation, if the rates are incorrect it might be because your UPS account is not properly configured within ShipStation.

You can always give us a call to go over your ShipStation settings (866-932-1801 ext. 2 -> 3)

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • AbbasAbbas Posts: 44Member
    Has anyone come accross this error ? It has stopped us shipping a parcel to a US customer today! Has anyone at LS actually tried to use these integrations? With a live UPS account.

I have found the shipping integration options offered by lightspeed troublesome at best. Added on to that the standard set up within ecom BO is way to basic and eroneous to be a dynamic and efficient retailer.

The really great CS team are on it now but I feel they should'nt have to why have these errors not be weeded out yet??
    @Abbas the error message you are seeing appears when the customer has entered a phone number that contains special characters, I believe in your case it's a +
    To fix this you would need to change the phone number in the customer's account. But this will not be sent to Easypost so the order would need to be duplicated and then the original should be cancelled.
    We have an enhancement request to deal with better validation in the checkout form and I will link your shop to this request.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • AbbasAbbas Posts: 44Member
    Hi Joey, I added the + to try and resolve it the customer had 001.It appears to be a BUG
    Sorry if I explained it wrong, the + or . needs to be removed. We have a ticket open in regards to implementing field validation to make sure these characters are not submitted.
    But as I mentioned before, this will not be sent to Easypost so the order would need to be duplicated and then the original should be cancelled.
    eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ