Sales reports fail to reveal 0 sales items. Any solution?

polbogpolbog Posts: 3Member
How can i get a sales report that includes items with 0 sales? This is the most important item to notice in a sales report as it reveals stock obviously in need of attention yet these items are non-existent in all sales reports! i have made requests ever since we started using Lightspeed and it has never been fixed as far as i know. Is there a solution to this problem?

13 comments

• wocrucwocruc Posts: 9Member
    I'm not sure looking only at 0 sale items would be sufficient. If you sell just one, it would knock it off the report. A report of slow moving items is more comprehensive, but, "slow moving" means different things to different people. I like the "Item" report found in the "Grouped Sales Totals" area. You can enter your date range, then list every item, then click the export button and it goes to Excel where you can easily sort by quantity sold to see all of the slow moving items.
  • LSTomerLSTomer Posts: 5Lightspeed Staff Lightspeed
    The new Analytics tool we just released a few months ago has a "dusty inventory" report that shows you slow moving items. Analytics is also fully customizable and would allow you to build a report that would track items with 0 sales. If you would like to learn more about Analytics you can book me for a screen-share demonstration: http://bit.ly/2voPc2V
  • IllusiveComicsIllusiveComics Posts: 1Member
    I need a report of Zero sold, not "slow moving" items. We know there are items we've received in that have never sold. I need a list of them. How do we make that? Is there a way to do that without buying something new? We pulled a report of slow moving items and it left off about 300 items from that category of our inventory, so we know that's not the report we need.
  • LSTomerLSTomer Posts: 5Lightspeed Staff Lightspeed
    There is no report in Lightspeed Retail that tracks 0 sold items. I understand you might not be looking to upgrade your software package at the moment, but if you are interested in the future, this is what a report like that would look like in Analytics:

• darksidesupplydarksidesupply Posts: 2Member
    i should not have to pay extra for such a simple report that is needed, plus i found too many flaws in the analytics reports.
  • AnitaAnita Posts: 2Member
    Why wouldn't there be the option to put in Qty Sold < 1? That would seem to be a simple sort feature.
  • joebinnojoebinno Posts: 4Member
    It is a joke, an absolute joke. Analytics $150 per location and if you have more than 1 location is MUST be added to all stores. They expect me to pay $600 a month to see what items have 0 sales !?!?!?!? JOKE
  • JLC1990JLC1990 Posts: 23Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator
    Hey @polbog , @joebinno , @Anita and @darksidesupply ,

Within Retail, there is a History Report that may help you find the 0 sales items. Within that report, you can select a date to be your start date, and your secondary date would always be the day you are running the report. Once selected, it will run a report and show you the changes in your item since that time.

QTY. ON HAND is the quantity you had on hand on the date selected

- QIN would be the the quantity received since that date

+ QOUT would show how many have sold since the date selected

QOH NOW would show you how much you have on hand now.

If you click on the QOUT column, you can sort it shortest to highest and see the 0 sales items at the top. If you wanted, you could export it as well to add formulas to get other data if you are looking for more information.

This would be the best bet to get that information.

Please contact support if you would like to go over this report with anyone here.
    Cheers!,

Jordan L-C
    Lightspeed Retail Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • MarcusPALMarcusPAL Posts: 1Member
    This report doesn't work.  I put in a date of June 1, 2018 and ran it.  I then put in a date of January 1, 2018 and ran it.  For the exact same item on both reports the  = Qty. On Hand value was different.  Given Jordan's stated definition of  = Qty. On Hand as "would show you how much you have on hand now." the number should be the same.  This is a flawed report.  And then I call the help number and am told that the definition of Qty In and Qty Out is transfers between shops.  Since I only have one shop, and the report has values in it in these columns, that isn't true.  When I asked to asked to speak to Jordan orsomeone that knew about reports, I was told I would be transferred.  I have now been on hold listening to the sickening LS hold music for 12 minutes (and counting).  I regret ever choosing this poorly supported, poorly designed and poor reporting system.  I agree with Joebinno and Darksidesupply about what a joke it is that LS requires you to buy the way overpriced Analytics to get the most basic of inventory management reports.  
  • gregaricangregarican Posts: 290Member 
    This LS Retail History report is interesting. Since we were looking for a product report that would show on-hands "as at" a specified date. And AFAIK LS Analytics doesn't have a historical snapshot of product levels "as at" a specified date, correct?

While I haven't delved into the details in this LS Retail report to tick and tie some items, one thing I noticed that that there isn't an option to exclude archived items. Not sure if this archived flag appears in the exported data or not. If so then I suppose I could just sort by that column and remove those rows...
  • Greenfield_GamesGreenfield_Games Posts: 2Member

It's been many years. Any chance this insanely useful--critical even--report is going to be enabled any time soon?

• onlinepenguinonlinepenguin Posts: 20Member

I have found that analytics has lots of bugs. for instance if you create a report with description contains "ruby" (for us to be able to see all the ruby jewelry we sold) i got crazy results. When I looked deeper if i searched Ruby or RUBY vs ruby, i got entirely different results. Apparently the description in analytics, and only in analytics, is case sensitive. I was told that was intentional. DUH? with over 10K items how am i supposed to know if a word was capitalized consistently. Why isn't it the same as POS and reports. This is just one of the crazy problems with analytics. Even the names of the fields are different so if you do a lot of exporting and importing you have to know this. Again, the inconsistencies are mind boggling. Looks like it was written by another company and they didn't fix stuff for consistency with lightspeed.

• gregaricangregarican Posts: 290Member 

My only feedback is that in order to be able to normalize data against your reporting needs, the best fallback is the API. Pulling products and sales initially as a big batch, and then in daily pulls after that. I dump to SQL data tables and that way I can slice and dice however I want. And since SQL doesn't have to be case-sensitive, that is just one of the perks of building reports :)