Ski Rental Solution?

SkiHausSkiHaus Member Posts: 2
edited May 2019 in Apps & Integrations

We run a ski retail/rental shop in Idaho. We use Lightspeed for POS retail, and Wintersreiger EZ Rent for rental. Both work well alone, but neither work well with each other and there does not seem to be a solution to incorporate both. Is there anyone who can suggest a better ski rental solution that will allow seamless data share so we can have both sides working together?

Post edited by SkiHaus on

7 comments

• AhmedRachediAhmedRachedi Member, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 35 Lightspeed

Hi @SkiHaus ,

I would definitely look into Rental Shop Manager as they seem to offer a rental solution that isn't solely focused on Bicycles.

Our two other Integrations seem more oriented towards the cycling industry but I wouldn't hesitate asking them if they can work with your business in case Rental Shop Manager isn't what you're looking for:

Kind regards,

Ahmed Rachedi

Ahmed Rachedi
    Lightspeed Customer Success 

866-932-1801 ext 2 (Toll-Free)
    514-907-1801 ext 2 (Montreal)
  • SkiHausSkiHaus Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the response. We looked into RSM, even did a Web presentation, but it does not seem ready for a full integration. They are still working on basic ski specific requirements, and their pricing structure would be far too high for our use.

We’ll keep looking though!

edited May 2019

Oh, that's too bad but I understand.

In the meantime, if you still have to do rentals, don't hesitate to look at our Retail Help Centre article to go over our in-house workaround on rentals:

https://retail-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/228842127-Managing-rentals

Ahmed Rachedi

• SkiTodaySkiToday Member Posts: 1

Ski Haus, we are a new Lightspeed customer with your exact same issue. We have researched other options but haven't found any that are sufficient for our fairly large lease and rental shop operations. We have reached out to Wintersteiger to have them put the API integration with LightSpeed onto their roadmap. However, we are looking for 3rd party companies that might be able to do the connection work. Perhaps we can go into this together?

Alpine Shop, Vermont

Hey everybody,

just wanted to add that we make our API documentation publicly available for anyone that wants to integrate a solution to Lightspeed:

A. Rachedi

Ahmed Rachedi

• fitzbikesfitzbikes Member Posts: 1

As a ski shop we would love to see DIN settings along with liability releases integrated into lightspeed retail. Does anyone have a good suggestion for anyone who is using an API?

• mattangermattanger Member Posts: 101 ✭

@fitzbikes I'm working on a reporting/integration service and I'd be interested in learning a bit more about what you'd like to integrate!

Matt Anger

https://spectraretail.com/