Link from e-com product to retail product

thisconnectthisconnect Posts: 5Member

hi

if we use omnichannel retail + e-com, products added to retail go automatically to e-com webshop. you can not add products to e-com yourself.

if i have the product id of the webshop (i.e. 93157846), i can get information of this product through the e-com API.

but what i can not find (in product API or variant API) is the product id of the original product in retail (i.e. 210000000029), only SKU, but that is not always set or unique.

i need this to be able to manipulate product data in retail from an e-com app, as product data in omnichannel setup can only be set through retail API, not through e-com API

is there a way to get the RETAIL product id (210000000029) from the ECOM product (93157846) ?

thank you!

maarten

4 comments

• LeahLeah Posts: 80Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator

Unfortunately there isn't currently a way to fetch the Retail System ID from the eCom product endpoint. Most users work around this by using SKUs or EANs but they do need to be unique for this to work correctly. There has been an enhancement request filed for this feature so I will create a ticket and add you to the list of requesters.

API Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • thisconnectthisconnect Posts: 5Member

thank you for making this clearer (so i do not waste time looking for it)

i hope it will be implemented soon, as i think it is important for omnichannel app development

• WynnerWynner Posts: 4Member

Has there been any update to this? How do you find an eCom item by EAN or SKU?

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 521Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator

@Wynner, nothing has changed in this area.

Regarding finding eCom via EAN or other skus you can look at the following documentation:

The filters will show you how to specify the specific items you want.

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ