Changing Matrix Variants

Is there an easy way to change the matrix variant descriptors in eCom? Currently with OnSite integration they default to colour/size. It would be handy to be able to change those to terms such style, material etc. I'm sure there is a way if I we went into the backend and changed code; but we know better than to do that.

7 comments

• kdelahuntkdelahunt Lightspeed Staff Posts: 4 Lightspeed
    Hey there Vividprint.

Thank you for posting your question about variant descriptors in eCom.

I agree it would be very handy to be able to change these descriptors, but right now this is not possible to do in Lightspeed eCom. Our team has already begun evaluating this enhancement for the future.

Our support team can help if you have any follow up questions. https://www.lightspeedhq.com/support/
    Kevin Delahunt
    eCommerce Support Technician
    www.lightspeedhq.com
  • runninglabrunninglab Member Posts: 3
    Cant you just create a new Matrix Attribute Set and name the variants whatever you want in terms of title?
  • runninglabrunninglab Member Posts: 3
    oh nevermind, your using onsite. might be different as im using retail
  • DanielDaniel Member Posts: 2
    Hello. Why can't ecom use matrix sizing for a filter (exemple ... looking for a large bike...)

thanks
    Hi there Daniel.

You can setup Filters to relate to large, medium or small bikes, but this would not be related to the matrix sizing.

For more information about Filters, take a look at our help centre, we have an article titled: Working with filters.
    Kevin Delahunt
    www.lightspeedhq.com
  • yvigeantyvigeant Member Posts: 30 ✭
    kdelahunt said:

Hi there Daniel.

You can setup Filters to relate to large, medium or small bikes, but this would not be related to the matrix sizing.

For more information about Filters, take a look at our help centre, we have an article titled: Working with filters.

Filters have to be manually configured and attributed to every product, which can take a huge amount of time with stores that have many products.

Also, I think you misunderstood this feature request. The person was referring to having automatic filters based on matrix variants, so that if someone wanted to see all bikes that have a Small size available, or to see all shoes that are available in size 10, it would be possible.

Currently, filters cannot be applied to product variants, only to the main product. Even if they could be applied, my first point would still hold, it would be very time consuming to manage.

This feature request is a very interesting one that could see a lot of use for many eCom users.
    Hi Yvigeant

Thank you for your clarification! You are correct, currently there is no setting to allow you customers to filter by a variant attribute like size or color in Lightspeed eCom.

In order to submit a feature request, please contact Lightspeed eCom support. Click here for more information about contacting support.
    Kevin Delahunt
    www.lightspeedhq.com