Integrated Payments in Canada

bertigroupbertigroup Member Posts: 2
So, when will we see integrated payment processing in Canada? This would really benefit a lot of people.

8 comments

• ChristopheChristophe Lightspeed Staff Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Hi, thank you for your question.

Integrated payment processing for Lightspeed Retail in Canada is just around the corner. Our Development Team is working on the finishing touches to have a beta version of the integration ready within the next few weeks. The performance of this beta version will then determine a realistic timeline for when integrated payment processing can be made available to our Canadian customer base moving forward. We will be updating our customers as we come closer to accurate release dates for both the beta and live versions of the integration.
  • TonyDehnkeTonyDehnke Member Posts: 17 ✭
    So would this allow us to process TD Merchant account Debit and Visa/MC/Amex directly in LS - that would be awesome.
  • AlexAlex Member Posts: 11
    we would really benefit from this.
  • AlexAlex Member Posts: 11
    Has the Beta version roll out? I'm looking for a way to have integrated payment to be able to do both retail POS and eCom. At the moment we are stuck using shopify for the online and mobile payment option. But I rather be able to do everything on one system to avoid sync issues.
  • DanielDaniel Member Posts: 2
    And do you have a solution that include Desjardins?
  • JLC1990JLC1990 Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 29 moderator
    Hey Alex, in regards to your question, we do have something in the works that will be able to do that. We understand that this would be a useful to your business and will release more details as they become available. There is no BETA yet for both Retail and eCom, but it is something we are working towards.

Daniel, for that information you would need to contact Vantiv, Desjardins would have to be compatible with them, and if they are, then they would also be compatible with Lightspeed.
    Cheers!,

Jordan L-C
    Lightspeed Retail Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • BagsnallBagsnall Member Posts: 1
    My question for the integrated payment process is WHEN lightspeed goes down/crashed, because it has a few times for me, I am still able to process payment on my debit/credit machine and write up a sales receipt, so is LS goes down will my machine go down with it?
  • DdMcgrueDdMcgrue Member Posts: 1

This looks like an old thread but this issue is still very relevant. I would like to use Integrated payments in my Canadian store. Is there any update since 2017 or is this a dead issue for Lightspeed?