Updating Lightspeed Retail Workorders via API

gregaricangregarican Posts: 306Member 

Looking at the online API documentation (https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/retail/endpoints/Workorder/) I see where you can GET workorder records. But can you issue PUT requests to update them?

Specific example. We have implemented UHF RFID for tracking our repair jobs. So I can take the label reads and push them to a supplementary SQL data table for logging timestamped movement. But I would also need to update Lightspeed Retail by either appending to the Note field or updating the Status value.

If this isn't possible then would it be reasonable to assume that this is on the developer roadmap for future inclusion in the API?

8 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 515Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator

Hey @gregarican,

There isn't a way for you to push updates at present in any way, typically developers work on a separate UI to handle those additional details. A big change is planned for the APIs, they're sitting behind the negative inventory project and some other significant changes.

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

• gregaricangregarican Posts: 306Member 
    edited June 17

@Adrian Samuel thanks for the feedback. Is there any sort of ETA of those changes you mention? Also, I assume that significant changes will be announced in advance of the release, especially in regard to potentially breaking changes to existing API client code :)

Post edited by gregarican on

Hey @gregarican, our negative inventory is still in beta right now as can be seen here:

There will be follow-up prior to release about this, but until we're confident about it being ready for General Availability, we can't specify a release date yet.

Other significant changes I can't speak on until they're released but it will be a part of a series of progressive changes that will only be partly visible to users/API consumers, but will allow for more rapid development

Adrian Samuel

Lightspeed HQ

Thanks for all of the specifics. Hopefully the changes include being able to PUT and POST to the Workorders endpoint. We'll see!

Just pinging this to see if there are any plans to include this...

Hey @gregarican, from what I heard, it does! The Retail APIs are going to be revamped

Adrian Samuel

Lightspeed HQ

• dougfastfixdougfastfix Posts: 11Member

Adrian,

Sounds great - long overdue.

1) POST/PUT on Work Orders.

2) digital signatures for Work Orders

3) multiple items on a Work Orders

4) photos should be attached to customer item, not to the Work Order itself

5) location for Work Orders (what is with HookIn and HookOut? poorly designed... repairs in LS can be in two places at once? like Schrödinger's cat?

All of the above items have major support on LS Ideas site.

Thanks for listening

• dougfastfixdougfastfix Posts: 11Member