Loyalty & POS don't speak to each other

SouthernDrawlSouthernDrawl Member Posts: 1

The beauty of this loyalty program is that its fast and easy. We don't need to hold up the line taking all of the customers info because they do it themselves. This also makes the customer feel more comfortable and secure.

Turns out that's not really the case:

Here is the issue. The loyalty program does not speak to POS. The info entered by the customer through the link goes directly to the loyalty program. It never populates into the POS customer field. This is so counter productive and kills the speed and privacy advantages of the program.

If a new customer wants to sign up I hit "New" add their first and last name. I then hit "attach to sale" and then in the sale screen hit the loyalty button. I then enter their # and send them the text with the link. The customer then fills out all of their info and completes the process. NONE of the info the customer enters is updated in POS. It all goes to the loyalty program. There is no way for me to see the info they entered in the POS program. All of the customers info goes into the loyalty program.

There is apparently no way for the two systems to speak.

The solution should be that the information populates in both systems. The customer info should update any time changes are made. If you can keep track of the points in both systems you should be able to see all of the same customer info.

This is a big issue and needs to be addressed.

14 comments

• amylemoamylemo Member Posts: 2

I absolutely agree. It is a VERY bulky task... I have to enter the customer's name and phone number on the POS side, and write the phone number, so that I do not have to ask for the phone number again for them to join loyalty.

The POS and Loyalty fields should sync.

• Brandon_LillyBrandon_Lilly Member Posts: 2

Sadly, we'll probably be cancelling Loyalty when the contract is up simply because it's a barely functional shell. It would be nice if Lightspeed would make the bare minimum adjustments to make it even slightly useful but at this point it's not.

• efrancefranc Member Posts: 2

This is my first time on here - relatively new to Retail - was on Onsite for 5 years. I paid for Loyalty but haven't started with it - been struggling to get all of my data right from the migration from Onsite.

You're saying that Loyalty isn't actually integrated with the POS!?! How does that make any sense?

Does LS have a rep that responds to these topics?

• NeilNeil Member Posts: 7

Following

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 28

I am also having a lot of issues with Loyalty - and customer management in general. I am on Retail POS with the Omnichannel ecom, and loyalty. Nothing talks to each other. Customers in POS are different from eCom. People who sign up for the Newsletter functionality in eCom are not reflected in the POS, and not reflected in Loyalty, so I have to go to 3 place to find an email distribution list to reach my customers - none of which are easy to export. Loyalty rewards are NOT accrued through ecommerce transactions and not redeemable - a big barrier to buy online pickup in store. I have found it very difficult to get value out of the investment. You would think that having everything with one vendor would be a benefit, but not so - not only is everything separate, there is practically no way to get them to work together.

• GeoffreyHawkGeoffreyHawk Member Posts: 11

Eagerly awaiting eComm integration for Loyalty!

• HeatherHeather Administrator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 56 moderator
    edited November 13

Hello everyone!

@SouthernDrawl @amylemo @Brandon_Lilly @efranc @Neil @VintageWineGuy @GeoffreyHawk I've passed on all of your feedback to the Product Manager for Lightspeed Loyalty. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

The team is actively working on an improved customer information sync between Lightspeed Retail and Lightspeed Loyalty. They've just finished the design mockup and more information will be available in the coming months.

We currently have a beta running for Lightspeed Loyalty with omnichannel (Retail + eCom) and I've gone ahead and asked whether any of your Lightspeed eCom accounts qualify for this. @GeoffreyHawk and @Neil if you're interested in joining the beta to test it out ahead of the launch, please let me know and I'll put you in touch with our Product team. We'd love to get your feedback!

Thanks,

Heather

Lightspeed HQ
    edited November 13

Hey @Heather , I would be interested in the beta too. We are just in the process of turning on eCom and a broader rollout of loyalty, so the timing for me would be good to try the new integration.

Hi @VintageWineGuy

Congrats on your imminent eCom launch and thanks for your interest in the omni-Loyalty beta! I'll ask the team to look into your account and see if the timing would work out for the beta. I'll get back to you!

Lightspeed HQ
  • NeilNeil Member Posts: 7

@Heather, yes I'd be very interested. Thank you

@VintageWineGuy For the loyalty-omni beta, our team needs customers who are already making transactions with eCom. We can touch base once you're up and running!

@Neil Thank you, that's great! My colleague leading the beta will reach out to you to get things going.

Lightspeed HQ
  • GeoffreyHawkGeoffreyHawk Member Posts: 11

Yes @Heather I am very interested in beta testing the Lightspeed Loyalty with omnichannel (Retail + eCom). By way of qualifications, I was a software engineer for over 20 years, so I like this sort of thing. Please put me in touch. - Geoffrey

@Heather We are up and running now, just soft launched this week. We were kind of holding off on how big of an announcement to our customers because we do a lot of brick and motor and are trying to figure out how to explain to our B&M customers they won't get their loyalty points online - it's a big communications/marketing issue for us - our first ecom customers will be local BOPUS and delivery people who will want their pts. That is why I am so eager to test a solution.

And also, like GeoffreyHawk, I am a very technical person with a background in systems consulting, so no issues working through challenges.

Hi @GeoffreyHawk It sounds like our team would be lucky to have your input! I've let them know so someone should be in touch soon.

@VintageWineGuy Thanks for the clarity! I've asked the Product Manager to look into your account again.

Note: To any Lightspeed customers reading this, having technical skills is not a prerequisite for beta programs. If you're not tech-savvy, please don't be shy should you ever receive an invitation to test out new features and provide feedback :)

Lightspeed HQ