Customizing Work Order Receipts to Improve Visibility

Hey all,

I am wondering what steps or code I would need to modify within custom receipt templates in order to get some changes to the way our workorder receipts print out. In our bike shop we often have really long receipts that have several labor items and several parts that are rung up on the same work order. We are hoping to improve the visibility of these items via bolding/unbolding certain text as well as adding some line breaks between labor items and non labor items so that our service department can better see what they need to do.

Is this something that is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Trevor

2 comments

• cfralickcfralick Posts: 5Member

You can edit the Workorder template if you have Print Templates enabled. You won't have access to much of Twig, but it doesn't take much to improve readability.

I have mine set up so that the contact info is towards the bottom, and the lines for labor, items, and SOs display in separate, labeled sections instead of having everything crammed together in one block with no whitespace.

I also use the status and customer info to build a custom message at the top if I'm emailing it, so I don't have to stop and write unless something unusual has happened.

Is that the sort of stuff you want to do?

• sam123456sam123456 Posts: 13Member

I'm not sure about the OP, but that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Can you share any example code?