adding 4th printer template to device

colin91colin91 Posts: 6Member

is there a way to add a fourth printer template, as second kitchen template, to a device? We have two kitchen printers, one for hot food and one for cold. Basically, if an order with both hot and cold items is made I need the same ticket printed in both locations, if only cold food then just to the cold printer and the same for just hot food.

Post edited by colin91 on

5 comments

• CatherineCatherine Posts: 27Member, Lightspeed Staff Lightspeed

Hi Colin,

You can only link one printer template type (1 receipt type template, 1 bar type template and 1 kitchen type template) to a device.

However, if you have 2 kitchen templates in the system, pointing to 2 different printers, if you do not link any kitchen template to your device and you send an order to the kitchen from a device that has no kitchen type template assigned, it will print to every kitchen templates you have configured.

For future reference, if you have any questions/concerns, please send them to [email protected] or call our 24/7 phone support line directly at 1-866-932-1801 ext.2 option 3.

Warm regards,

Catherine Desgroseilliers

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599

• colin91colin91 Posts: 6Member

Can you explain the not linking templates in another way? I'm not understanding what you are saying

Hi Colin,

So, if you do not assign a specific template type, if you leave the device kitchen template at ''No template assigned'', it will send to all the kitchen type templates you have configured.

So in your case, if you leave it at ''No template assigned'', and in Printing > Printer templates you have 2 kitchen type templates configured, it will send to both printers from this iPad.

I hope this helps! For additional questions/concerns, please send them to [email protected] or call our 24/7 phone support line directly at 1-866-932-1801 ext.2 option 3.

Warm regards,

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center

• colin91colin91 Posts: 6Member

That did not work for me. Leaving the kitchen template blank resulted in no printing at either kitchen printer

Hi Colin,

I apologize for the delay on this. In theory, if you have two kitchen type printer templates pointing to printers and have your food categories linked to the templates, it should print to both printers if you do not have any kitchen template linked to your device.

If that does not print anywhere, most likely it is due to something else not configured properly, but that would require investigation from our technical support team.

As suggested in my other post, if you encounter any issues and require technical support assistance, please reach out to our technical support department by calling our 24/7 phone support line directly at 1-866-932-1801 ext.2 option 3, or you can send an email to [email protected]

Warm regards,

Lightspeed Support

Visit our Help Center

https://cdn.webshopapp.com/shops/224495/files/208345928/community-signature-en.png There was an error displaying this embed.