Inventory Count Page Taking Longer and Longer to Refresh

Hello,

We're in the process of counting inventory and are about 500 items in. The more items we count, the slower and slower the page takes to refresh (right now it's about 15 seconds). We thought of starting a new count, but are concerned we won't be able to see all Missed items because the inventory count will be spread over multiple counts. Is there a trick around this?

5 comments

• NeilNeil Member Posts: 7

Can anyone else confirm is this is a current issue? Oct-2019.

A client of mine with Onsite has nearly 30k items in stock. I assume Retail would crawl counting that.

• ElGeeElGee Member Posts: 4

I guess i am old school, but an off line counter with batch import would work better for me. Some simple scanners have the ability to store inventory, then scan, check for found, and then enter count. This would be imported to Lightspeed.

• roberto_panseraroberto_pansera Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 39 moderator

Hey @Neil,

Depends on the time of the day and how many items you are updating you may see some slowness adding items or reconcile the count. There are a lot of factors that can interfere with that, including some network performance fluctuations.

Hey @ElGee ,

One of our partners (Accumula - @Paul_N )have the tools to import inventory counts if you need:

Regards,

• Paul_NPaul_N Member Posts: 5

Hi @roberto_pansera thank you for the call out.

Hey @Neil , Lightspeed can definitely handle reconciling a large count. But if you are talking about 30K unique SKUs it might take awhile to physically count all of that. We can definitely help you with inventory on hand imports to Lightspeed Retail using our DataTools product. DataTools includes unlimited import, update, and export of Item and Customer Info. Let me know if you'd like to set up a demo.

@ElGee , I hear you on the scanners. My favorite scanning solution allowed you to scan a ton of scans, then link it up to computer and download all the scans into your app of choice. You don't preload any ID's though, so you have to sure your team knows exactly which barcode to scan.

Intelliscanner.com recently released an updated version called the Scanabout Pro. I haven't used this one yet so I can't speak to it's quality over the prior version.

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 333 

I can give you a real-world example where we run into this. We have ~7,500 active items. But due to a lack item attribute fields led Lightspeed Retail sales support to recommend we implement custom fields. So we have about a dozen of them.

When we edit any item in the web client we find that after saving the record it takes 30-45 seconds for the transaction to commit and refresh the web page. This has gradually worsened as we have added more items, and defined details in these custom fields.

Besides the web client, this is the case via the API as well. Loading the relation of pulling custom fields alongside the items results in slow response time too. Support informed us the issue is both the size of our item set alongside the amount of custom fields we are using. Too bad we didn't know that when we went live.

We likewise run into slow response when performing inventory counts. We were considering moving another of our companies to Lightspeed Retail. But that entity has ~30,000 active items. Based on my calculations we would experience delays of upwards of 1-2 minutes after saving an edited item if we did. Needless to say we won't be doing that anytime soon. Not at all.