History Tab

I would like for our sales associates to be able to access History under the details menu. However, there does not seem to be a way to do so without also allowing associates to also have access to product cost and product create and edit. When I disabled product cost and product create and edit, our associates also lost the ability to see History.

3 comments

• roberto_panseraroberto_pansera Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 49 moderator
    edited August 2019

Hey @RonKratchman

They lost the right to see the history because there is cost information there. Right now we don't have how to hide the cost on the history tab:

If your employees have access to the reports, they can use Inventory Changes Logs to see the same information that is available in the history tab, without the cost:

We definetely can add as a feature request here. You can also go to  Lightspeed Ideas, a website that Lightspeed users can suggest changes and vote in the other user's ideas.

Regards

Roberto

• woolynwoolyn Member Posts: 2

Is there any progress on this? It is ridiculous that in order for an employee to have access to the sales history of an item they also have to have access to ALL reports.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 709 moderator

Hey @woolyn

Due to the nature of the history report and it displaying cost values of your store, it is still part of the general Reports section of the employee Roles section.

Thank you for checking up on it, I'll forward your continued feedback!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)