Looking for custom work on my ecom site

gwickstromgwickstrom Posts: 5Member

This is my last resort.. I have a slider -popup that runs slow and freezes. The company who developed it doesn't know why it runs slow and Lightspeed Support doesnt know either. I thought this would be a simple thing to code given every photography site has one and they all run fast. Is there anyone out there who has experience with this?

9 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 521Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator

@gwickstrom, could you provide the link for your website and explain which page will show us the pop up?

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

• gwickstromgwickstrom Posts: 5Member

Go to portfolio and select one image. The pop up will come up. as you go through the pop-up near the end of the portfolio it slows down. I wish the had done this with separate pages. All of the other eccomerce sites have pop-up and sliders that do not have this problem, WIX, WordPress, Shopfiy, Squarespace to name a few... I just don't understand why we can't get this to work with LightSpeed? Advision who you recommended coded to have all the images load. This I am sure is causing the problem. Is there anyone out there who could code it so that each image has a page assigned to it? I am not a coder so I am hoping there is someone out there who can help???

• JoepLindenJoepLinden Posts: 3Member

Did you allready fix it? At my end the slider works fine and fast!

Mvg,

Joep van der Linden
    Lightspeed developer
    edited August 25

If you went through the entire portfolio .. 270 images then your the first to do so. Everyone else including Light Speed support it freezes.. Still not fixed.

http://julietremblay.shoplightspeed.com

Post edited by gwickstrom on
  • gregaricangregarican Posts: 308Member 

Just tried this and it seemed to respond fine for me too...

edited August 25

I just went through the entire portfolio. As you get to the 40th 50th image it slows down. Have to wait 2-3 seconds for the next photo. Then when it reaches page 9 it freezes. I guess it depends on the speed of your internet. Lightspeed support noticed the same problem and so did 3 other developers. This is the site.. You maybe looking at our current site that is super fast.. Below is the site that I am having problems with.

http://julietremblay.shoplightspeed.com

Post edited by gwickstrom on

I am using Chrome so I popped out a Developer Tools window. The images can take as long as 1-2 seconds to pull up. But they aren't really pulling in parallel fashion. With a decent amount of images it definitely drags down as you paginate through the results. See below.

One thing I also noticed. These images are pretty much thumbnail size, but they appear to be rather large. Upwards of 1 MB per image. If you downscale these to be 72 dpi for the preview grid images then you will likely see better throughput!

Select and image an try to arrow through.. its slow.. Plus the developer is going to remove the code today because he can't fix it and the other issues he has with his code. Just looking for a developer if you know of anyone.??otherwise its a total waste of money and time if I can't get this simple popup to work.. I only have ecom because I have lightspeed as a pos and I wanted them to integrate.. . I didnt realize how small of a company this is an how painful this has been..

edited August 29

Like I said, the pics are scaled down in terms of height and width, but not in terms of dpi resolution. A smaller thumbnailed size photo shouldn't be over 1 MB. The page itself in my example screen shot was over 32 MB.

If a page is displaying a grid of these, then it will definitely take more time to load the entire page. That's the long and short of it. Down-res those images a bit and the page should respond better. It really doesn't matter what e-com platform is being used to display them. The images themselves are large in terms of file sizes :)