On-line payments

jerryskyejerryskye Posts: 2Member

Dear Lightspeed Community,

we're implementing a system that requires an on-line payment and since we're already going with Lightspeed Retail for sales using a terminal, we were wondering if there's any way for collecting on-line payments with Lightspeed without any external service like Stripe. I see that eCom has that feature: https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/ecom/tutorials/create-a-payment-service-integration/ but I wasn't able to find a similar one for Retail.

My question is: does Retail lack on-line payment processing capabilities? If this is indeed the case, can you recommend an approach we should take to implement this?

3 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 548Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator

Hey @jerryskye,

How would you envision that a customer would pay for things online without a website? Could you explain the use case, then I might be able to better suggest a workflow

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

• jerryskyejerryskye Posts: 2Member
    edited September 3

Hey @Adrian Samuel !

Thanks for getting back to me. We're building a website that offers a service that should be booked and pre-paid for. We'd like to redirect the user to a secure payment gateway, where he can pay with his credit / debit card.

We're going with Lightspeed Retail, because we'll be using it for processing additional unforeseen payments after the service is provided, in-person, using a terminal.

Can you tell me if the API will satisfy the first use case, with redirecting the user to an on-line payment gateway?

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Posts: 548Moderator, Lightspeed Staff moderator

Hey @jerryskye,

If you have a website that will re-direct an individual to a secure payment gateway, the payment amount and confirmation should be sent into Lightspeed to be registered via a middleware application which passes that information to Lightpeed retail by using the Sale Endpoint:

You can read a tutorial about how to use the sales endpoint here:

You can read documentation about the Sales endpoint here:

I hope I have the right idea about what you're asking, let me know if I've missed something.

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ