Checking notification emails sent

We need to be able to check notification emails that have been sent from e-Com to our customers. There is a log of emails sent available in Retail, but we can't find anything similar in e-Com. This is an issue for us! We can't verify certain actions - for instance, recently ShipStation has changed how it sends notifications and links from Ship Station to the e-Com order. It is not possible for us to see or verify what our customer actually was sent.

Can you please provide a log of emails sent to customers on the e-Com side?

9 comments

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 277 moderator

Hi @lavenderwind

The history window within an order will show which emails have gone out to the customer, indicated by the bell icon:

There is no log with all emails that have been sent.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • lancemuzlancemuz Member Posts: 29

Hi @lavenderwind, you mentioned that "there is a log of emails sent available in Retail". I wasn't aware of that and haven't been able to find such a log. Can you or anyone else tell me where that is?

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 654 moderator

Hey @lancemuz, if you navigate to Settings > Advanced Setup > EventLog Then filter for Email and you'll find the log of all the emails you've sent from your Retail account :)

Adrian Samuel

Software Developer

Lightspeed HQ

• TrolleyMuseumTrolleyMuseum Member Posts: 30

I think this is CRAZY that there is no comparable event log in the Ecom side. I have to log into customer service and wait in a queue, sometime up to 35 people long so they can verify it was indeed sent and I still can't see a copy. It is awful that I can't provide customer service to my guests. With all the bugs and issues with LS, we are supposed to assume that the email was actually sent with the only proof being the "note" on the ecom order? HOW, in any scenario, is LS keeping this information unavailable to their own customers a plausible idea? It makes no sense to keep me from helping my customers because LS refuses to show me what is sent on my behalf? How do you justify showing everything on the POS side but not the Ecom side? Clearly someone thought it was a good idea for those events to be logged and viewable?

• Uncle_MiltonUncle_Milton Member Posts: 24

what?? no log of emails sent?? thats nuts! there should be a list of email correspondence by order number available for review!

It's absurd. The fact that it is THERE, but unable to be viewed, except by customer service is beyond......I can't even.

• kailaseguinkailaseguin Member Posts: 13

Has this been changed yet? Can we see emails in ecomm yet?

@kailaseguin

My "ticket" has not been updated, so sadly, I think not.

• chschs Member Posts: 2

I would also like to see this added as have had 2 issues this week where customers claim they never received the tracking information, and have no where to confirm, is the customer lying or is there an issue that needs to be addressed?