Onboarding problems when converting from Onsite to Retail

gnarlybrignarlybri Member Posts: 1

Has anyone else had serious issues trying to switch from Onsite to Retail? I feel like the support team is putting the onus on me to figure everything out instead of coming up with a plan and implementing it. Like most of you, I run a business, so I don't have time to become an IT expert. They also seem to have no concerns about how quickly I go live since they started billing my subscription from the moment I signed instead of when I go live. Additionally, they just said they want me to go live with retail first and then worry about ecom. I am already doing online sales via Lightspeed so I was flabbergasted that they would shut my online sales without even discussing it with me.

Bottom line is that this has been a terrible and costly transition. I want to cancel or go back to Onsite. Has anyone had similar issues? Any suggestions?

thanks,

brian

Gnarly Vines

4 comments

• HeatherHeather Administrator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 94 moderator

Hi @gnarlybri

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some challenges with your transition from OnSite to Retail. That's not the kind of experience our team aims to provide and I've passed on your feedback. 

I can see that you have an open ticket with one of our agents but please let us know if we can provide any additional support.

Lightspeed
  • traciwaltontraciwalton Member Posts: 2

We had and are still having the same experience and we transitioned 6 months ago. It has cost us time, money & a multitude of customers. Painfully slow response on all matters. 4q and we are still trying to dig our way out.

Disappointing.

• roberto_panseraroberto_pansera Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 49 moderator

Hi @traciwalton

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your transition from OnSite to Retail. That's not the kind of experience our team aims to provide.

I can see that you have an open ticket with one of our agents but please let us know if we can provide any additional support.

Regards,

• lggallerylggallery Member Posts: 1

We have had a very similar, frustrating and costly experience. It has taken 3 months to transition and they shut my web store off twice without ever contacting us. We were completely mislead about what is included, and even after very clearly stating that we wanted the loyalty program and advanced reporting, it's not included in what they charged us. Nothing is working right, this system is nowhere near as nice as onsite and I have asked repeatedly to speak to a supervisor and have received absolutely zero help. I am shocked at how bad this experience has been.