(POST) Creating product, can't set product set

TheDeadZoneTheDeadZone Member Posts: 2

I am unable to post a product including the product set that I created before in a separate API call. I've tried in many forms but I am unable to successfully add a product set in the same call as product creation. The documentation does not really clear things up as it's example is not working either.

Tags:

3 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 62 moderator

Hi @TheDeadZone ,

Thank you for contacting us.

When you created a product it's not possible to assign the set directly, unfortunately. You'll need to do a second call(PUT) to update the product with the set. Important to know is that you will need to send the whole object. Like below:

I hope this will help.

• TheDeadZoneTheDeadZone Member Posts: 2

Thank you for clearing it up @LucienVersendaal . I do think the documentation needs to be more clear in this as it's showing that you can add it while doing a 'POST' as well.

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 62 moderator

Hi @TheDeadZone ,

Good point! Currently we are busy updating the documentation for eCom API. Your feedback is very valuable and will help us a lot. Thank you.