API Data Does Not Match

Kaci EckelKaci Eckel Member Posts: 5

Hello!

I'm comparing the retail_sale API data with the sale export from Lightspeed. For one month, the difference in totals (revenue) is almost $4,000. Is there any reason there would be such a large discrepancy between what the API is showing and what is in the native Lightspeed platform?

Thanks!

4 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 556 moderator
    edited October 18

Hey @Kaci Eckel,

There are a lot of different factors that could determine this.

To make this easier to diagnose:

Could you:

1) Provide the request URL that you made using the API including the query parameters that you used to filter the data set

2) Give me a high level breakdown of how your code calls the URL and processes the results

3) Display the function have you created to total the sales value

This should help get one step closer to resolving this

Post edited by Adrian Samuel on

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

• Kaci EckelKaci Eckel Member Posts: 5

Hi @Adrian Samuel Here are the answers to your questions:

An example url for the following connections:

Here is how the connections are interpreted.

• ECOM – We use python to query the each of the endpoints, using the requests package. Each table is then uploaded to s3 and we use snowflake to query the JSON files.
    • RETAIL – We are also using python to query the endpoints, using the requests package. Loops through endpoint to get all of data because we cannot pull all the data at once. Results are multiple json files.

We are viewing sales from the sales.json request in the retail view. Is this the correct table you’d recommend or should we be looking somewhere else?

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 556 moderator

Hey @Kaci Eckel,

Thanks for the info!

Do you have a specific query where you're seeing differences? You can private message me the details

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

• Kaci EckelKaci Eckel Member Posts: 5

@Adrian Samuel I sent you a message regarding this yesterday morning. Did you receive it?