Linking Items and Boxes

I have just finished importing my products into Lightspeed Retail. I operate a liquor store so the overwhelming majority of my products are both a single item and a box item. During the import I created both the box and the single item, however now I am faced with the daunting task of linking them to each other. Is there a tool I can use for that, or am I stuck with manually doing it one by one for all of the 800+ items currently in my inventory? If I am stuck doing it manually, is there any harm in archiving the box item after it's done? I want to archive it so that it doesn't show up in the list and I know it's completed. Then when the entire task is completed I can just unarchive them all via an import.

2 comments

• stephcloverhillstephcloverhill Member Posts: 1

I am facing this same issue. Did you find a solution?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 194 moderator

Hey @ScottHaines and @stephcloverhill ,

Currently, when you import both the box and single product, it is required to link them manually.

Another way around that is to only create the box half of the products and go into each box and create the single product directly from the item card. Similar handy-work is required in either cases, but this avoids you having to format it in a spreadsheet and also linking them.

You can always archive them using the Archive tool in the settings or by clicking the archive button on the top-right of the item card. You can then unarchive it at the end, should you want to!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)