My cash drawer open on credit card transaction even if my cash till set up to open for cash only

Nj1985Nj1985 Member Posts: 1

My cash drawer open during card transaction and it print out receipt even my cash drawer it set up for cash only?

Answers

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 118 moderator
    edited December 2019

Hi @Nj1985

Can I confirm if you're using Lightspeed on a desktop computer like a Windows or Mac, or are you using it on the Retail POS app, logged in through an iPad?

I ask because the controls available in the General Options and printing tab (Seen below) can only control the iPad's ability to pop open the register. The computer web-based interface will not have the ability to pop the drawer in specific instances but simply if it can or can not.

If you're working on an iPad and this is still happening, please call in to support! We'd be happy to help you figure out why this is happening.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 76 ✭

If you are on PC, there is a setting in the printer driver to open the drawer that you can turn on and off. On mine, a TSP100, it is on the Properties, Device Settings tab, and you can disable the drawer pulse there. There is a reference to it in the doc at https://retail-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/228842667 that has some screen shots and details.

Hi @VintageWineGuy

Normally, you're right! There is a way to go ahead and either enable or disable the cash drawer controls in the Device Settings of the Printers & Scanners page of Windows.

In this instance, however, I believe that @Nj1985 is asking to have the cash drawer pop specifically during cash transactions alone, rather than either having it on for everything or off for everything.

He could always simply turn it off and insert the key when wanting to open the drawer, but otherwise, the ability to narrow down the pop behaviour to a payment type is currently something of a feature request.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

• BeckaBecka Member Posts: 10

We would really like this feature too! Doesn't make sense to either open on every tender, or not open at all. Only need it to open on cash.

Hey @Becka !

Your request is entirely valid and though it isn’t how out system is currently designed I will go ahead and submit that feature request for you. If you would like to do it yourself, you can always visit our Ideas page

We have implemented a process called Lightspeed Ideas which allows users to make suggestions directly to our Product Management team. We always like to hear from Lightspeed users as they you are directly impacted by Lightspeed’s features and workflows, and have a great perspective on how to improve them as well as indicating which features may be beneficial in the future.

To submit your Idea:

1. Go to help and click on suggestions and ideas

2. Start typing your idea for Lightspeed. (Please keep ideas to one topic at a time so that we may promote discussion around this idea and update the status accordingly.)

3. If your idea has already been posted by another user, it will display for you to add your vote against it.

4. If your idea has not already been posted, you will be able to click ‘Post a New Idea’ and provide details and a workflow in which your idea may be used within Lightspeed. Other users will also be able to discus the idea with you and how it may be used in their business.

Ideas will have their statues updated once they are being reviewed, planned or completed.

We strive to make Lightspeed the most intuitive and useful POS platform available, and we thank you for your participation in the improvement of the software. Many factors contribute to the evolution of Lightspeed, and the input of our users is among the most important!

———

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

• BeckaBecka Member Posts: 10

Wonderful, thanks @VanessaD !