Sporadic Outages?

gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 503 

Seems like a bad time of year for this to happen, but our endusers (at multiple site locations) run into cases where Lightspeed Retail is unavailable. I've been in IT for over 25 years and know the basics in terms of triaging things. Doesn't matter the browser type, where the user is located, cleared cache, etc.

Here is an example from around noon ET today. I then tried to hit the Lightspeed status page, but seeing it's hosted similarly I couldn't access that either.

Anyone else running into this?

2 comments

• HeatherHeather Administrator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 94 moderator

Hi @gregarican,

Lightspeed Retail experienced degraded performance between approximately 12:07-12:20pm EST today. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your business. Systems are back up and running: https://status.lightspeedhq.com/

Best,

Heather

Lightspeed
  • ElGeeElGee Member Posts: 11

Outage 12/ 6, 12/13, 12/20 ???? can they make it 3 Fridays of December.

I am concerned about lots of thing with Lightspeed POS. Credit card process has had some problems. There is no off line processing, so we had to get other services (the other services have on and off line processing). Then there is the problem that inventory can not be updated by imported to adjust for these offline sales. What priority is given lightspeed on the servicer, I think they are using a server that is also a very large retail sales server. Who's system fail, Lightspeed or the server. I can put up with a lot of problems in the way process are handled, but loss of service could be a reason to rethink my POS.