Using paper gift certificates.

AQPLUSAQPLUS Member Posts: 2

So I ran out of gift cards and had to go the old time route of buying a book of paper gift certificates. Now does anyone have any ideas on how to address the payment issue at checkout without having to get out the calculator and misc charge the difference? Could I just send the gift card total to a house account as payment and then the customer pays the difference however they like? I don't expect the system to keep track of the balance of the certificate just need to send the money someplace in the system.

Thanks for all the help/

1 comment

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 166 moderator

Hey @AQPLUS!

You can keep using the Gift Cards function in Lightspeed if they're formatted to match the UPC-A or EAN-13 standard that Lightspeed Supports.

For help building these codes, you can consult our  Support Page for Understanding Gift Cards, which will advise on how to build these codes, from ID code to Check digit.

Otherwise, if you'd like to use pre-made codes that don't match these supported standards, you could treat them as deposits to customer accounts, but these wouldn't require the use of gift card numbers at all.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)