Kitchen Display System

My kitchen printer dies the day before Christmas, With no way to print orders I bought an Ipad and started using a Kitchen Display System. The kitchen staff loves it. When we have take out orders there is no hard copy ticket to attach to the orders. Does anyone know how I can print just the take out orders? I do not want to print every order if I have the kitchen display it defeats the purpose of the KDS. The ideal situation I have requested is a feature to have a way to print selected tickets on the display to maybe a sticky printer( maybe a small printer Icon on every ticket that if selected would print to assigned printer ). The other way would be to have it set up in the POS to select just takeout and delivery sent to a kitchen printer and all sent to KDS. Does anyone else see the value in having this?

Ty.

1 comment

• Katherine_WelfordKatherine_Welford Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 37 moderator

Hello Pilotman59,

One thing we could to would be to place your takeout and delivery tables on a separate floor, then create a kitchen printer template for template and have it only available on this floor, so orders placed on the tables on that floor would print to the sticky printer, whereas all the other floors would stick to "printing" their kitchen tickets to Save to Photos.

Would that do the trick for you?

Lightspeed Restaurant tech support

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599