Multi Store Reporting & Analytics | API? Other reporting tools?

LukefLukef Member Posts: 3
edited January 20 in Reporting & Analytics

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but hoping for some help.

We're using lightspeed retail as our POS with 2 retail stores and one head office location (where out customer service team also process orders.

We hold stock in these 3 locations and often, our staff are forced to jump in & out of registers to transact and fulfil stock from another location. This obviously presents challenges with reporting on sales for a location.

For example, lightspeed will report sales based on registers, so one customer may have purchased two units at store A, that were fulfilled from two locations (eg. Store A & Store B.), lightspeed attributes the sales to two locations. Not the one sale from Store A. (which they were).

A few questions...

1. How do people manage multi stores reporting retrospectively? Is anyone using a unique identifier like mac address, IP, physical device ID to track sales that sales from a device rather than the 'store location and register'?
  2. How do people manage sales reports that show a sales date when the order is placed, not fulfilled?

Would love to hear from anyone wrestling similar business challenges

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Lukef on

4 comments

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 597 moderator

Hey @Lukef,

Q1. (Option 1) So essentially the ideal thing would be for the staff to transfer the stock from one location to the other. That way they can quickly navigate to the respective page from which they would move the stock over

That way all the stock would be in the correct place, audit logs would show the transfer and the reporting would be correct.

(Option 2) Failing that, you could simply have your staff add a misc item or a note on the sale line for you to detect which store it came from.

(Option 3) You also have the option of developing a browser extension that triggers a popup when the sale is complete that would ask for the location of the sale when finalised. You would subsequently write those records to a database.

Q2. Could you give an example of where the sale date is the order date and not the completed date? You can personal message your accountID and sale info

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ

• LukefLukef Member Posts: 3

Thanks heaps taking the time to reach out on this @Adrian Samuel

Re: Q1/option 1. One of your colleagues, Ben, sent through a great video outlining the transfer process. Unfortunately, we have a lot of instances where stock is fulfilled across a number of locations. So for example, we might have a big and bulky piece that is sold out of our store (which is where we would want to report the sale from) but the stock needs to be fulfilled from our warehouse, so this process falls over here.

Q1/option 2. we've been adding a store SKU but this doesn't help with retrospective sales and understanding historical store data.

Q1/option 3. Hadn't consider anything like this but interested in exploring this? Is this something you've got experience with or can point me to?

Further to my original point on this, is there any IP address, geolocating or POS coordinates that are stored in the LS back end that we can extract via the API?

Q2. This is a bit more specific to understanding what is on deposit for a particular order vs what is still due fo payment. Basically looking for better and quicker ways of understanding cash flow.

Some more help and discussion on these would be super helpful!

• LukefLukef Member Posts: 3

Hi @Adrian Samuel Can I bump this back to the top of your inbox for ideas and feedback?

• Adrian SamuelAdrian Samuel Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 597 moderator

Hey @Lukef,

You sure can! Let me respond to these now:

1) Lightspeed's only way to see where stock was deducted from is to look at the inventory history report. This would be a manual process to reconcile the information however.

Lightspeed's API exposes historical sales but not the state of the inventory at the given timestamp.

2) We don't have any IP address, geolocating or POS coordinates I'm afraid

3) In Lightspeed, an order is associated with a given user but it is not connected to a deposit on a sale so there isn't a way to link them

Adrian Samuel

API Integrations Consultant - Strategic Solutions

Lightspeed HQ