Drag and Drop not working!!

Is anyone else having issues with the drag and drop feature? I have to add every picture by browsing for it and it takes so much time! This has never worked for me on the retail side or the ecom side. Any idea what could be wrong?

1 comment

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 60 moderator

Hey @TrolleyMuseum !

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the drag-drop feature for images in Lightspeed.

Here's some basic troubleshooting you can do to try and determine if there's a quick fix to your situation:

If you see the +Add Image button instead (seen below), you need to click it to get the above Brows Files pad.

When you're referring to the drag-and-drop feature for images, usually, I've noticed it works only if the web-browser tab is active and shrunk so you can view both the pad to drop the image and the file on your desktop. You also need to make sure to see this prompt in Lightspeed :

When everything is in place, simply click and hold on the image and attempt to drop it on the pad.

The image should appear after loading up.

***Saving the changes is not required after the image loads entirely and appears.

If you're following all these steps and still are having trouble uploading the image, consider the following:

-Make sure you're using Firefox or Google Chrome (Safari and Internet Explorer aren't supported by Lightspeed and can cause odd, intermittent issues)

-Try to clear your cached data, log out of Lightspeed, then log back in and try again.

-Try another Web Browser (If you're using Chrome, try Firefox, or vice-versa) This tell us if this is local to your web browser or if it could be computer-related.

If all of the above still fails, this will be considered specific to your store/location and I suggest you call in to our Frontline Retail Support team. One of our agents will be able to assist you figure out why this is happening! You can call toll-free the 866-932-1801 ext. 2. We're open 24/7!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)