we need separate button for consignment

I own a jewellery store and have lots of consignment we need to separate button for consignment out and in.

6 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 204 moderator

Hey @Sean Shirzadi !

Here's how to create a button that would be associated with adding an item/Miscellaneous charge.  

1)) Create a Button in your Sales Tab 

- Go to Settings > Custom Menus > Sales Tab

- Add a title (maybe "consign item" whatever you like, really. This will be the name of your button)

- Select one of two potential behaviours, depending on how you consign items.

If your consigned products are new items that need to be generated, change the type drop-down to : New Item. If you use miscellaneous items, then change the type to : Add Misc.

- Choose the colour of your choice

- Click Save Changes!

And voila! You now have a fully functional button that can be applied to the sales of your choice. Depending on the behaviour of the item chosen when creating the button, when you click it, it'll either generated a Miscellaneous charge or a new item card to open.

For more information on Custom Menus, you can always consult our A Detailed Overview of Custom Menus or our Creating Custom Menus page on our Support Website! 

If you still need more assistance with the setup of this, you can always consult the above article or call in to our support team!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• EricaCEricaC Member Posts: 3

Sean, did this answer your question?

Seems like the button created above is only used when making the sale. I would imagine it's more important to note that an item is consigned when entering it into inventory not try to remember to button at the time of sale.

I'd be interested in other ways folks handle consigned inventory.

• AzTAzT Member Posts: 32

I've found the easiest thing to do is to create a new item and either add consignment for a vendor, or their actual name. If you do not add their name as the vendor then it is best to create a tag with their name or use their name as the vendor ID so you can easily search sales and inventory.

• brycebryce Member Posts: 1

I'm still unable to get this button to DO anything. I click it and nothing happens.

Layaway would work perfectly for my consignments, but I need the history to be captured on the item as well as the individual. If an item is returned, the record gets deleted.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 204 moderator

Hi @bryce ,

Thank you for your feedback! I'll note it.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 535 

One of our subsidiary companies deals with pre-owned retail jewelry. For our handling of consignment we use a product tag to indicate it's a consigned item. That way we can differentiate consigned versus own stock in on-hand reporting, in sales reporting, etc. Makes it pretty straightforward.

Although I can't recall if we are able to run canned Retail sales and on-hand reports against product tags. If we weren't for some reason then we have custom queries via the Retail API that are able to do this...