We want to add a clckable button to some of our pages how is the best and easiest way for a neophyte to do this
Hey @Vélomania !
Clickable buttons are possible to create in key strategic locations in Lightspeed Retail, namely in the Sales Tab, Refund Tab, Layaways Tab Special Orders Tab or in the Work Orders.
If this corresponds to where you'd like to generate a button, here's an example of how to create a button that's tied to a non-inventory item in Retail;
To do this, there is a 2 step process:
1) Create a non-inventory item with the value of the service/fee you'd like to assign.
- Go to Inventory > New Item
- Change Single to Non-Inventory and uncheck the Taxable option
- Add a name and value associated with the offer
- Save Changes
2) Create a Button in your Sales Tab
- Go to Settings > Custom Menus > Sales Tab
- Add a title
- Change the type to Add Item(s)
- Choose the color of your choice
- Click Save Changes
- Scroll down on the same page and find the button
- Click the pen icon
- Link the non-inventory Item you just created
And voila! You now have a fully functional button that can be applied to the sales of your choice.
For more information on Custom Menus, you can always consult our A Detailed Overview of Custom Menus or our Creating Custom Menus page on our Support Website!
If you'd like to know something specific to your business, you can always call-in to our support team! We're open 24/7 and can answer questions specific to your store if you need the walkthrough!
If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.
Lightspeed Retail Support
866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)
514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)
Hi, Thanks for the answer , i was looking for a clickable(my bad) button for our webstore, did manage to do one but not sureif its the best way
To assure it's set up correctly, you could always send the eCom support team an email asking them about the workflow you took and describing it to them.
You'd be able to get a better answer this way.