API support

efri_halperinefri_halperin Member Posts: 2

I have been requested to take part in developing an iphone App for Unito (LightSpeed customer , https://www.unitostore.com store number 263539 ) . I have opened a test shop, I requested and received from LightSpeed API credentials through which i learn your remarkable API capabilities, and I have some questions:

1) on the web app we have a "faq" category, (top bar right side) is the data faq accessible by API, if yes how?

2) we want to use Apple-Pay, and Apple-Pay does not exist in any of the payment methods (as we see in "setting"), yet we can use it directly from the app

a) can we validate checkout @ lightspeed successfully without selecting payment method?

b) can we issue an invoice via lightspeed in case the payment is not done through lightspeed?

3) do you support built-in mechanisms via API for "forgot password " and/or "change password" or we have to implement it by our selves (verify user via Email/SMS)

Thanks in advance

Efri Halperin

1 comment

• LeahLeah Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 176 moderator

Hi @efri_halperin here are the answers to your questions:

1) on the web app we have a "faq" category, (top bar right side) is the data faq accessible by API, if yes how?

The FAQ are not available via the API, only via the UI

2) we want to use Apple-Pay, and Apple-Pay does not exist in any of the payment methods (as we see in "setting"), yet we can use it directly from the app

Apple pay is not an available payment method for eCom. When you say, you can "use it directly from the app" what do you mean?

You can set up an external payment service using our external services endpoint:

or submit an already received payment through our checkout API:

a) can we validate checkout @ lightspeed successfully without selecting payment method?

You must provide a payment method, but it can be external. See "PUT: provide a payment method" at the Checkout endpoint, linked above.

b) can we issue an invoice via lightspeed in case the payment is not done through lightspeed?

Invoices can be automatically generated in Lightspeed when an order is completed or paid, depending on your back office settings. See more info in our eCom documentation:

3) do you support built-in mechanisms via API for "forgot password " and/or "change password" or we have to implement it by our selves (verify user via Email/SMS)

The "forgot password" service is also only available via the UI. You can use information at the customer login endpoint to verify users.

API Support
    Lightspeed HQ